Physical Design Engineer Job
Date: Jul 23, 2014
Location: Leixlip, IE
Drive an Industry Forward
Creating and extending computing technology to connect and enrich the lives of every person on Earth--that's our vision, is it yours? We are changing the world at Intel. At Intel Ireland, the Quark Physical Design team have worked on the successful Quark SoC and Galileo Programs, and are continuing to work on innovative SoC Solution Stack based Products for the Emerging Internet of Things [IOT] and Wearable Markets; http://intel.ly/1k7hLsH
Step inside our world and you’ll find one brilliant mind after another working together in a spirit of collaboration that is simply contagious. And through this shared dedication—this culture of innovation and exploration—we do more than deliver the latest technologies. We deliver the future. See for yourself. Look Inside.
That’s where you come in. We need innovators and proven communicators like you to push our thinking. We need your strong collaboration and organizational skills, as well as your ability to effectively work with and manage teams. You will help push us to the next level. Joining Intel’s Internet of Things means joining a dynamic team at a company that has established a reputation for innovation.
As a Physical Design Engineer, you will play an integral role in contributing within experienced teams to the successful definition of new Intel products whilst working closely with the Architecture, SoC Security, RTL, Physical and Manufacturing teams to ensure the design will achieve right-first-time silicon in high volume production.
Other responsibilities include:
· Full chip floor-planning, power grid design, clock tree design, synthesis and timing optimization, place & route, timing closure, power/signal integrity analysis, to physical verification (DRC/LVS/Antenna).
· Participate and lead others in developing methodologies and flows automation and improvements.
· Troubleshoot a wide variety of physical design complex issues and apply proactive intervention.
· Opportunity to work closely with the RTL and Circuit designers to ensure the design is balanced and optimized from physical, RTL, Circuit designs.
· Hons. Bachelors/Masters in Electronic Engineering /Computer Science or equivalent
· Expertise in either Timing Constraints / STA or physical LVS/DRC sign-off
· Physical design methodologies and sub-micron technology
· ICC Place & Route, physical verification (DRC/LVS/Antenna)
· Tcl/Tk/Perl to automate design process and improve efficiency
· Synopsys suite (IC Compiler, Primetime, Design Compiler)
· Static timing analysis (PrimeTime), EM/IR-Drop/Xtalk analysis (PT-SI, Apache), formal or physical verification (Formality, Verplex, IC Verification, Calibre)
· Experience of UPF low power design through synthesis, place and route
· Working knowledge of DFx techniques and tools
· Self-motivated team worker, good verbal and written communication skills
What We Offer You
When you come to work at Intel, you come to work in a collaborative, supportive environment, where your equally brilliant colleagues will push you to be your best. There’s no fear of failure—we know that’s how innovation happens. And you’ll never be bored. We also offer:
- Competitive benefits and pay (including bonuses)
- Opportunities for professional development and continuing education
- The flexibility you need to achieve balance
Intel fosters a collaborative environment allowing the brightest minds in the world to come together to achieve exceptional results. Apply with CV to: email@example.com
Job Category: Software Engineering
Primary Location: Ireland-Ireland, Leixlip
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Job Type: Experienced
Posting Date: Jun 8, 2014
: Jan 31, 2015
Business Group The Platform Engineering Group (PEG) is responsible for the design, development, and production of system-on-a-chip (SoC) products that go into Intel’s next generation client and mobile platforms. PEG strives to lead the industry moving forward through product innovation and world class engineering.
Posting Statement: N/A
Job Segment: Graphic Design, Creative