Quark Physical Design Engineer Job
Date: Feb 28, 2014
Location Leixlip, IE
The Platform Engineering Group (PEG) is responsible for the design, development, and production of system-on-a-chip (SoC) products that go into Intel's next generation client and mobile platforms. PEG strives to lead the industry moving forward through product innovation and world class engineering.
For more information on the Quark IoT Solutions Division check out the following link: http://intel.ly/1k7hLsH
You will be a member of an Intel Quark SoC design team based in Ireland working on leading edge CMOS designs.
The team is looking for the right person to fill a leading role in physical design implementation including full chip floor-planning, power grid design, clock tree design, synthesis and timing optimization, place & route, timing closure, power/signal integrity analysis, to physical verification (DRC/LVS/Antenna). Participate and lead others in developing methodologies and flows automation and improvements. Troubleshoot a wide variety of physical design complex issues and apply proactive intervention. Opportunity to work closely with the RTL and Circuit designers to ensure the design is balanced and optimized from physical, RTL, Circuit designs.
- BS/MS in EE/CS and:
- Expertise in either Timing Constraints / STA or physical LVS/DRC sign-off.
- Physical design methodologies and sub-micron technology
- ICC Place & Route, physical verification (DRC/LVS/Antenna)
- Tcl/Tk/Perl to automate design process and improve efficiency
- Synopsys suite (IC Compiler, Primetime, Design Compiler)
- Static timing analysis (PrimeTime), EM/IR-Drop/Xtalk analysis (PT-SI, Apache), formal or physical verification (Formality, Verplex, IC Verification, Calibre)
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Self-motivated team worker, good verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience of UPF low power design through synthesis, place and route
- Working knowledge of DFx techniques and tools
Job Category: Software Engineering
Primary Location: Ireland-Ireland, Leixlip
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Job Type: Experienced
Posting Date: Jan 30, 2014
: Jan 30, 2015
Business Group The Platform Engineering Group (PEG) is responsible for the design, development, and production of system-on-a-chip (SoC) products that go into Intel’s next generation client and mobile platforms. PEG strives to lead the industry moving forward through product innovation and world class engineering.
Posting Statement: N/A
Job Segment: Engineer, Graphic Design, Design Engineer, Software Engineer, Engineering, Creative