Quantum computing has the potential to transform the industry by achieving large computational speed-ups over classical computers. Recent advances in quantum technologies have propelled quantum computing from a theoretical physics field to experimental physics and engineering. Numerous quantum algorithms have been proposed in areas including cryptography, chemistry, and materials science. A challenge for the computer industry is to design and implement a reliable quantum computer architecture that can efficiently execute quantum algorithms on future quantum hardware.
This position is part of a small Intel Labs team exploring the potential of quantum computer architecture in simulation. The researcher will:
You must possess the minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Relevant experience can be obtained through school work, classes and project work, internships, military training, and/ or work experience. This is an entry level position and will be compensated accordingly.
• The candidate must have a Master's or PhD degree in Physics, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or any related field.
Minimum 1 year of experience in the following:
• Researching and designing compiler stacks for quantum systems.
• Research experience of gate-model quantum computing from a systems point of view.
• Computer hardware microarchitecture and system architecture.
• Experience with error correction code and its effect on quantum architecture requirements.
• Demonstrated ability to deliver significant results in a multidisciplinary environment.
This position requires close collaboration with both hardware and software teams
Intel Labs is the company's world-class, industry leading research organization, responsible for driving Intel's technology pipeline and creating new opportunities. The mission of Intel Labs is to deliver breakthrough technologies to fuel Intel's growth. This includes identifying and exploring compelling new technologies and high risk opportunities ahead of business unit investment and demonstrating first-to-market technologies and innovative new usages for computing technology. Intel Labs engages the leading thinkers in academia and industry in addition to partnering closely with Intel business units.