As a Software Engineer in Intel Poland Ethernet Networking Division you will provide software development services for Intel Ethernet products - controllers and IP.
You will become a member of a geographically dispersed organization, working closely with software and hardware teams in Poland, United States and Israel. Your work will support the goal of driving next-gen Intel networking architecture for cloud, 5G communications and data center markets.
Your responsibilities in this position will include but not be limited to:
- Development and maintenance of pre-boot technologies.
- Product design, development, testing, analysis, and documentation of pre-boot software applications, utilities, and device drivers.
- Writing/analyzing device drivers and network protocol stacks in Linux and Windows.
- Finding and fixing bugs reported by various OEMs and other external customers that use Intel technologies.
What we offer
:On top of a competitive salary, corporate perks and financial benefits such as bonuses and Intel stock awards, we offer you a unique opportunity to work with state-of-the-art technologies and top technical minds from all over the world.
With Intel multi-billion dollar business and top tier cloud and telecommunications customers you will be able to make the actual impact on how the world will look like in future.
Successful candidate must have:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Engineering / Computer Science or a similar technical area
- Knowledge of PC-based System Architecture, BIOS & UEFI environment necessary to develop Low-level Driver Software Code
- Experience in C programming
- Advanced user-level knowledge of Operating Systems (Linux/Windows) & Applications
- Ability to create debug environment and tools, setup network hardware for reproduction of customer issues
- Knowledge of Ethernet networking technologies and network protocols (e.g. FTP, TCP, UDP)
- Troubleshooting, problem solving, multi-tasking, organization, and customer management skills are critical to success in this role
- Good team work skills including ability to work with multiple and remote groups worldwide
- Good written and verbal English communication skills
Nice to have skills:
- Verbal and written communication skills necessary to interact with external customers
- Proven experience in development of Windows and Linux Network Drivers. Software/Hardware interfaces and interaction and Socket Programming understanding.
- Experience in low-level assembly language programming, preferably for Intel Architecture processors
- Familiarity with Ethernet MAC and PHY Hardware components
- Background in networking architecture and networking products preferably with Intel Ethernet products is highly appreciatedInside this Business Group
The Data Center Group (DCG) is at the heart of Intel’s transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies—spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions—that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.