Develop Intel server platform UEFI FW, reference code and related documentation for Intel silicon products such as next generation chipsets and processors.
Responsible for authoring UEFI FW specifications, creating chipset reference code and developing / supporting platform UEFI FW for Intel's CPUs and chipsets.
Work closely with Intel silicon design teams and be responsible for all software and UEFI FW related issues during the planning, development, and validation stages of the program.You will be working on next generations products and will have an opportunity to gain experience on best in the world server technologies, like performance efficient power management, servers' manageability etc. that will be released to the market in few years.
You will be a member of a cross-functional, cross-geo team that is very process-oriented and that delivers a world class server platforms based on Intel silicon.
Your responsibilities may include but not be limited to: Understand feature requirements, architecture and design UEFI FW development mainly in C language Unit Tests development UEFI FW code debugging UEFI FW integration with other server HW and SW platform components, like CPU, PCH, FW, OS etc.
- Experience in programming in C
- Test Driven Development including Unit Tests environments for C
- Knowledge of Intel architecture, little endian, x86, x64
- Remote debugging experiences on target platforms
- Working with XML Basics of SW architecture, layered design, software patterns for embedded systems and resource management
- Good team work and cooperation
- Good English skills for verbal communication and technical documentation authorship
- Good presentation skills
- Basics of electronics and inbound data transmission protocols, busses e.g. I2C HW and SW SKUing will be the advantageInside this Business Group
The Data Center Group (DCG) is at the heart of Intel’s transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies—spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions—that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.