We are game changers! We develop RF transceivers for smart phones, tablets, wearable, and other mobile wireless products, leveraging our unique advantages in monolithic integration of Mixed-Signal, RF, power management functions and comprehensive know-how in cellular hardware, software and systems development. The bring-up and validation of such products requires talent and passion for accurate lab testing and thorough result analysis. In order to increase the support of new products, we need to expand the capability of our team and therefore, we are looking for a component verification engineer willing to join us in validating monolithic ICs. Among the individual's responsibilities are:Analysis and verification of digital infrastructure like CPU subsystems, bus systems, timing critical state machines, memories within cellular transceivers ICs.Debugging of analog/digital circuitry in case of failing result parameters, suggestions of workarounds and improvement measures with a strong collaboration to the design teamPlanning and concept of the verification test campaignsDevelopment of high performance measurement test-benches, automation of measurements, documentation of the measurement setup and results as well as the analysis of performance trade-offs.Close interaction with concept and systems engineers, circuit design and physical layout design engineering, production test engineering, platform validation engineering and applications engineering.Uses and applies emulation and platform level tools and techniques to ensure performance to spec.Responsible for the development of methodologies, execution of validation plans and debug of failures.Requires broad understanding of multiple system areas and requires interfaces with architecture, design, and pre-silicon validation teams in improving post-silicon test content and providing feedback for future on-chip debug features.
This position is subject to the collective agreement for workers and employees in the electrical and electronics industry, employment group H (https://www.feei.at/kv-2017-0). A higher payment is negotiable depending on your expertise and skills. Prior to entering an employment agreement, the employee will be asked to provide all documents and references to verify any service times of prior employment. Based on provided documents the appropriate number of service years will be credited as prior employment.
- Hold a M.Sc. degree in Electronics or Telecommunication or equivalent
- Have experience in electronic circuitry and system or component validation
- Offer a solid knowledge in block-level component verification as well as in troubleshooting and debugging those circuits
- Have experience in using spectrum analyzers, signal generators, network analyzers and oscilloscopes in context of digital and RF/analog validation
- Have experience with the automation of the measurement equipment listed above
- Work well under pressure, have a strong willingness to learn and want to be employed in a demanding field of work
- Work efficiently in a team as well as a single contributor
- Have strong programming skills e.g. C, C++, C, LabView, Matlab, Python, Excel, VBA, etc.
- Have a very good command of the English, German language knowledge is an advantage
Communication & Devices Group: The wireless revolution at Intel! We are one team - passionate engineers and technologists from diverse industry backgrounds working together to realize a world of connected computing. We are bringing the best ideas from the brightest minds to deliver future mobile experiences into the market. We are on the journey towards making Intel a wireless leader with exciting products for the Internet of Things, 5G and an opportunity to change the world with your work.