Leads the platform definition, development, and deployment strategy. Functions as the group decision maker across the Platform Product Life Cycle Strategic, Execution, Business. Responsible for total platform investment /return and accountable for design wins and market success of the platform. Position will report directly to the Vice President and General Manager of one of the xPGs. Leads a heavily matrixed, organization responsible for the definition, design, development and deployment of one of Intel's future Platforms and is responsible for its ultimate success in the market. Flawless execution of these platform programs will pave the way for corporate growth by establishing a clear end-user value proposition, setting architectural and industry direction, and building healthy ecosystems. Manages strong internal and external networks, comfortably influences at the MCM level, is an exquisite communicator, and delivers consistently exceptional results. The successful candidate will play a key role in leading the transformation of Intel from a product focused to a platform focused organization.
You must possess a minimum of a Bachelor's with 6+ years of experience in embedded systems development and / or system architecture or Master's 4+ years of experience of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science or a related field.
- A minimum of 5 years working experience in SSD development, integration or testing
- A minimum of 2 years SSD design experience ASIC, HW or firmware.
- Experience with storage interface standards such as SATA, SAS, PCIe, and NVMe.
- Experience of ARM or equivalent processors.
- Experience optimizing HW/firmware/software to meet performance metrics.
- Experience in system-level debugging skills.
- Knowledge and ability to build emulators, simulators to model SSD behavior
- Knowledge in collecting and correlating SSD metrics power, performance, features to showcase strengths and weaknesses
- Demonstrated ability to analyze problems, diagnose root cause, and apply corrective actions. - Demonstrated ability to work well in a diverse team environment and with others in cross-site organizations.
- Must have worked in some architecture or microarchitecture activities at a subsystem level
- Good verbal and written communications skills.Inside this Business Group
Non-Volatile Solutions Memory Group: The Non-Volatile Memory Solutions Group is a worldwide organization that delivers NAND flash memory products for use in Solid State Drives (SSDs), portable memory storage devices, digital camera memory cards, and other devices. The group is responsible for NVM technology design and development, complete Solid State Drive (SSD) system hardware and firmware development, as well as wafer and SSD manufacturing.