In this position, the candidate will work in the Intel Labs Mexico, RF Front End Technologies group and will contribute to research projects in the area of Wireless Communication Systems. The candidate will investigate scientific principles and concepts to develop novel technologies that give a competitive advantage to Intel products.The successful candidate will work in a multidisciplinary research team and be responsible for conducting research in RF platform technologies generating concepts and ideas, implementing proof-of-concept demonstrations, delivering solutions, and contributing to the development of scientific literature and intellectual property.
Inside this Business Group
Candidate must possess the minimum qualifications stated below to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered plus factors in identifying top candidates. Experience listed below would be obtained through relevant previous school, internships, jobs and/or research experience.
You must have:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and be fluent in English
- The desire to collaborate in a geographically distributed team environment
- The desire to work in a start-up-like environment with a tolerance of ambiguity and adaptability to change
- The ability to perform independent research work and communicate results with clarity
- The ability to successfully work within project timelines
Minimum Technical Qualifications:
- MSc or PhD degree in Electrical Engineering or a related discipline with at least 2 years of research and/or industrial experience
- Strong fundamentals of Electromagnetic theory Maxwell's equations, wave propagation, transmission lines, waveguides, etc.
- RF Filters theory and synthesis
- Modeling, simulation, design and characterization of RF lumped and distributed passive components and circuits
- Experience with Microwave simulators and Mathematical tools: HFSS, ADS, Matlab, etc.
Additional preferred qualifications:
- RF Transmitters/Receivers: Oscillators, modulators, down-conversion mixers, etc.
- Acoustic/MEMS e.g. SAW, BAW, FBAR devices and filters.
Intel Labs is the company's world-class, industry leading research organization, responsible for driving Intel's technology pipeline and creating new opportunities. The mission of Intel Labs is to deliver breakthrough technologies to fuel Intel's growth. This includes identifying and exploring compelling new technologies and high risk opportunities ahead of business unit investment and demonstrating first-to-market technologies and innovative new usages for computing technology. Intel Labs engages the leading thinkers in academia and industry in addition to partnering closely with Intel business units.