In this position, you will be responsible for the design and development of circuit boards and/or systems for ODM/OEM project. Responds to customer/client requests or events as they occur. Develops solutions to problems utilizing formal education and judgement. Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
-Performing system simulation for timing and signal integrity and system debug with logic analyzers and scopes.
-Schematic capture of complex high-speed multilayer circuit boards and generation of all output materials required for board layout.
-Designing high speed logic and/or circuits-Analyzing system timing and signal integrity
-Documenting routing rules.
-Working with PCB layout designers for layout and checking board files for correctness.
-Performing system debug and verification.
-Participating on technical meetings to resolve complex multi-disciplinary issues in system design and produce detailed technical documentations including Platform User Guide.
-Responsible for multi-site collaboration with other board designers, PCB layout designers, signal integrity engineers, board fabricators and Intel validation teams.
Inside this Business Group
You should possess a Bachelor's degree or above with more than 8 years of board design experience. You must have knowledge of board design process and competency in industrial CAD toolset for Printed Circuit Boards PCB design such as Cadence*. Additional qualifications include:
- Significant expertise is expected in translating customer and/or product requirements into platform definition and into low level board implementation details partitioning, place and route constraints, schematics, power distribution, thermo-mechanicals, and others
- Strong digital design skills, and knowledge of buses and interfaces such as PCI*, PCI-X*, PCI-Express*, USB, DDR* and FSB*
- Technical experience with digital components, including understanding application of different logic families.
- Knowledge of high-speed microprocessor-based Printed Circuit Boards PCB system design with FPGA and/or CPLD and/or ASIC and Intel microprocessor and chipset system architecture.
- Experience with digital board design, signal integrity, EMI* design issues, Cadence* or MentorGraphics* schematic capture tools, Cadence* Allegro* and Constraint Manager* tools, and/or experience in determining root cause of challenging technical issues is preferred.
- Familiarity with lab equipment including, but not limited to, DMM, High Speed Signal Analysis tools, logic analyzer interfaces, oscilloscopes, and soldering equipment.
- Good verbal and written communication skills are required, both in English and Mandarin, as is a highly disciplined approach to problem solving.
The Client Computing Group is responsible for all aspects of the client computing business across Phone, Phablet, Tablet and PC platforms, leading Intel's efforts to transform client computing through technologies, new form factors, and driving Intel's corporate-wide user experience initiatives. This spans all client device brands including hardware, software and connectivity ingredients for phones, tablets, Ultrabook™, All-in-Ones, 2 in 1 computing devices, and home gateways.