Manages a team of software professionals including but not limited to engineers, architects, technical writers and technical consultants who are responsible for delivering results over many areas of the software lifecycle: design, developing, debugging, validating, and optimization, customer engagement and product support. This might include systems software, drivers, high performance computing, development tools, enterprise applications, consumer applications or user interfaces. May also be required to provide architectural and technical guidance, and ensure that sound engineering practices are followed. Provides direction and goals to the group and interacts with stakeholders both internal and external.
Inside this Business Group
The Data Center Group DCG drives new products technologies from high-end co-processors for supercomputers to low-energy systems for enterprise and the cloud, as well as solutions for big data and intelligent devices. The group is a worldwide organization that develops the products and technologies that power nine of every 10 servers sold worldwide. Data Center Intel's Network Division ND is a division of DCG. ND provides Ethernet Connectivity and Storage Infrastructure Solutions for Enterprise, Client and Embedded Customers including Silicon Components, Network Interface Cards, Storages, Drivers and Collaterals. ND's current product portfolio includes 10, 25 and 40 Gigabit Ethernet host adapter and switch silicon, IA based communications infrastructure platforms as well as Software Defined Networking SDN and Network Function Virtualization NFV software solutions. We are also developing state-of-the-art technologies like 100 Gigabit Ethernet or networking hardware and software for Software Defined Infrastructure SDI, High Performance Computing HPC and Big Data. ND Software ND SW team in Gdansk is a critical part of a bigger ND SW organization located also in United States, Ireland, Israel, China and Canada. Our main expertise areas are network drivers and applications working with a variety of operating systems Windows, Linux, FreeBSD, Solaris, DOS, virtualized ESX, Hyper-V, KVM and pre-boot environments BIOS, UEFI. We are also contributing in other areas like hardware diagnostic tools or encryption software and firmware. Our team takes active part in a full software engineering lifecycle including design, development, validation, integration and customer support, with a particular focus on software optimization for networking C, C++ and test automationPython, Perl, TCL.The Networking Division ND is looking for a Software Engineer Manager who plans and arranges the labor, schedules, and equipment required for software team and evaluating standard and special devices.
This Manager provides direction for ND SW strategic areas with focusing on individuals and teams grow. We give you opportunities to manage the team, help individuals in their career development and have a real influence on ND SW deliveries. In this position, you will define schedules, align team's plan to the ND SW roadmaps and report team progress and judge employee performance.You will provide support for marketing team in addressing customer/client requests or events as they occur. We are looking for someone who wants develops solutions to problems utilizing formal education and judgment.
On this position you will have an opportunity to cooperate with top-notch engineering managers, software and hardware engineers during creation and deployment of Intel's networking products. You should have both a passion for managing and coaching employees, as well as building and maintaining strong working relationships with peer managers, stakeholders and customers.
Communications, organization and work relationship skills are critical.Your responsibilities as a SW Engineering Manager will include the list is not exhaustive:
- Identify and hire good candidates to build a strong team.
- Good understanding of ND business and technology, can define the geo strategy, prioritization, solid design win and design in to drive ND business growth.
- Align the direction from business group and feedback.
- Supervise and lead engineering team.
- Manage your team members, i.e. take care of their career development, support their professional growth, foster teamwork and manage their performance.
- Manage relationships with external companies ND customers and Intel partners.
- Cooperate with other teams at Intel worldwide to deliver the best customer experience and satisfaction
Ideal candidate should have the following skills and experience:
- Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Information Technology Master Degree or equivalent.
- Proven track of record in leading SW engineering teams as a manager and/or a team lead.
- Knowledge of PC-based System Architecture, BIOS, Operating Systems & Applications.
- Proven experience in validation or development of Windows and Linux Network Drivers.
- Experience in LAN controller/switch driver/API or TCP/IP Stack,
- Good knowledge of networking technologies Ethernet, TCP/IP, SDN, NFV and products Ethernet controller, Switch, Router, IA CPU/Chipset.
- Experience in cooperation with hi-tech customers of various sizes.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with global teams and to manage relationships with key stakeholders.
Soft skills qualifications:
- Excellent interpersonal skills, customer orientation and result orientation.
- Good problem solving skills coupled with a strong aptitude to learn and innovate.
- Ability to work under time pressure and in constraint project environment within project environment constraints.
- Coaching & mentoring skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Good communication skills in Polish language.
- Ability to operate effectively within a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
What we offer:
Besides regular engineering duties you can:
- Take advantage of various career development activities like becoming a trainer for a chosen technical or non-technical course.
- Participate in various innovation-focused activities Innovation Lab, ShipIt! event, writing patent submissions.
- Have a chance to participate in Intel Great Place to Work program which groups people who love running, cycling, squash, tennis, cross fit, photography, and many, many more.- Chill out with unlimited amount of coffee, tea, and soft drinks.- Charge internal batteries during energetic team events wind-surfing, scuba diving, kayaking, etc.Basic salary is accompanied with bonuses, private medical plan, life insurance, lunch coupons, and more.
The Data Center Group (DCG) is at the heart of Intel’s transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies—spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions—that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.