The Windows OS WOS Team is searching for passionate and energetic Database/ Big Data Software Performance Engineers.
In this position, you will be responsible for optimizing database system software for Microsoft SQL Server products and Big Data software for Private and public cloud. You will work closely with engineering and architecture leads at Intel and Microsoft to define and enable the next generation technologies to be competitive in performance, power, responsiveness, etc.
If you want to make an impact on Intel's future products, then come join us in the WOS team!
Inside this Business Group
- Masters 5+ years’ experience or PhD 3+ years’ experience in Computer science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a related field
- Strong knowledge and experience in Object Oriented programming
- Good skills in multi-threaded software development
- Work experience or academic training with performance analysis tools, e.g. vTune, or Perf, or Xperf
- Knowledge of Oracle or Microsoft SQL Server databases and Database Design concepts
-Knowledge of big data concepts preferred
- Detailed knowledge and real-world experience with Intel 32-bit IA-32 and 64-bit Instruction Set Architectures and micro-architectures
- Experience with Intel/Microsoft performance profilers. For example, VTune, XPerf and WPA.
- Experience with enterprise server, virtualization and cloud environments i.e. Azure/HyperV/Xen/KVM
- Experience with enterprise applications webservers, database, etc.- Proficient with Microsoft development tools and environments
- Experience with state-of-the-art managed runtimes for dynamic scripting languages e.g. PowerShell, Jscript, Python, Ruby, etc. and optimization techniques
- Knowledge of Server Power management concepts
- Knowledge of Windows* system Application Program Interface API
- Multi-threaded programming patterns and libraries knowledge
- Knowledge of Machine learning concepts R language, machine learning frameworks is a plus-Knowledge of Compilers and/or Runtimes is a plus
The Intel Software and Services Group (SSG) connects Intel to the worldwide software community. SSG strives to bring competitive advantage to Intel platforms by helping independent software vendors, operating system developers, OEMs, channel members and systems integrators deliver exceptional customer value and achieve differentiation on Intel® processor technologies. SSG provides global leadership to the software community through its technical expertise, industry enabling activities, and developer products and programs.