Firmware Developer / Firmware Engineer Job
Date: Jul 22, 2014
Location: Leixlip, IE
Drive an Industry Forward
Creating and extending computing technology to connect and enrich the lives of every person on Earth--that's our vision, is it yours? We are changing the world at Intel. At Intel Ireland, the Quark Firmware team have worked on the successful Quark SoC and Galileo Programs, and are continuing to work on innovative SoC Solution Stack based Products for the Emerging Internet of Things [IOT] and Wearable Markets; http://intel.ly/1k7hLsH
Step inside our world and you’ll find one brilliant mind after another working together in a spirit of collaboration that is simply contagious. And through this shared dedication—this culture of innovation and exploration—we do more than deliver the latest technologies. We deliver the future. See for yourself. Look Inside.
That’s where you come in. We need innovators and proven communicators like you to push our thinking. We need your strong collaboration and organizational skills, as well as your ability to effectively work with and manage teams. You will help push us to the next level. Joining Intel’s Internet of Things means joining a dynamic team at a company that has established a reputation for innovation.
As a Firmware Engineer, you will play an integral role in being responsible for supporting Architecture in defining the set of firmware deliverables for the new products and how they fit in the overall software stack as well as also designing, implementing and testing own deliverables to the project to ensure the design will achieve right-first-time silicon in high volume production.
Other responsibilities include:
· C programming,
· low level device driver implementation,
· x86 and/or other CPU architecture knowledge.
· Assembly programming experience,
· low speed I/O interface (SPI, I2C, I2S, UART) familiarity
· technical leadership within firmware developers team
· Hons. Bachelors/Masters in Electronic Engineering /Computer Science or equivalent
· Experience in micro-controller programming and bare-metal execution environments.
· Ability to work within a team
· Clearly communicate concepts and problem statements in a multi-cultural environment.
· Work independently as well as pro-actively identify problems, assume ownership of the resolution of issues.
· Strong problem solving skills.
· Capable of leading junior resources through implementation and test phases through support and mentoring
What We Offer You
When you come to work at Intel, you come to work in a collaborative, supportive environment, where your equally brilliant colleagues will push you to be your best. There’s no fear of failure—we know that’s how innovation happens. And you’ll never be bored. We also offer:
- Competitive benefits and pay (including bonuses)
- Opportunities for professional development and continuing education
- The flexibility you need to achieve balance
Intel fosters a collaborative environment allowing the brightest minds in the world to come together to achieve exceptional results. Apply with CV to: email@example.com
Job Category: Software Engineering
Primary Location: Ireland-Ireland, Leixlip
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Job Type: Experienced
Posting Date: Feb 27, 2014
Business Group The Platform Engineering Group (PEG) is responsible for the design, development, and production of system-on-a-chip (SoC) products that go into Intel’s next generation client and mobile platforms. PEG strives to lead the industry moving forward through product innovation and world class engineering.
Intel is looking for an experienced Firmware developer for its new low-power deeply embedded System-on-a-chip product line targeted at the Internet of Things and new emerging markets. Within a combined hardware and software team working to deliver state of the art processors for new markets, The candidate shall be responsible for supporting Architecture in defining the set of firmware deliverables for the new product and how they fit in the overall software stack as well as also designing, implementing and testing his/her own deliverables to the project. The candidate shall also be responsible for technical leadership a small group of firmware developers. C programming is a must, x86 or other assembly programming is an advantage. Experience in micro-controller programming and bare-metal execution environments is critical.
Posting Statement: N/A
Job Segment: Graphic Design, Creative