Intel's Connectivity Group seeks highly qualified software engineers to work on the architectural modeling and synthesis of our next generation networking hardware. We intend to demonstrate that a software-driven progression from an executable spec of chip architecture to an automated synthesis of that same architecture into RTL definition can speed the path from innovation to high quality, production qualified silicon.
Your contribution will be to work as the center of a small team of network architects, test engineers, and hardware designers to make this vision a reality by integrating their designs and feedback into a well-crafted software model.
Our software engineers have the opportunity to touch the entire software ecosystem! In fact, by number of employees, we are one of the most influential software companies in the world. At Intel, you’ll be at forefront of everything from enhanced usability and security, to integrated software and hardware solutions, to seamless connectivity.
We're looking for more great software engineer leaders who can help us push computing capabilities even further. Those who are passionately motivated by seeing their advanced product design creations used by millions of end users.
Watch our Software Careers video here:
The ideal candidates for our team can bring at least one item from each of the areas below, while being excited to learn about the others.
- Experience with Bluespec, Scala, Haskell, or SystemC.
- Experience highly concurrent programming models such as communicating sequential processes, concurrent C++, Erlang, CUDA, or VHDL/Verilog.
- In depth build system knowledge, in particular, building and maintaining executables that are derived from diverse source code languages.
- Strong written and spoken English.
- Ability to critically analyze and question English written specification documents and diagrams.
- Simics or other performance evaluation frameworks.
- Ethernet, TCP/IP.
- Benchmarking skills.
- Experience in firmware, driver or HW/SW co-design.
- Experience directly in digital hardware design.
- Experience with a high-level synthesis tool i.e. Cadence Stratus or Mentor Catapult.
- Experience with FPGA prototyping i.e. Synopsys HAPS, Veloce, etc..
- Masters or PhD in computer science or electrical engineering please provide reference to any recent publications.
- Alternatively, Bachelors in computer science or electrical engineer, with five years' professional experience.Inside this Business Group
The Data Center Group (DCG) is at the heart of Intel’s transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies—spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions—that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.