Senior Game Developer Relations Engineer
The interactive entertainment industry is rapidly changing, with many top tier developers looking to set themselves apart with exciting new directions like VR, AR and other emerging technologies. Our team makes this possible through joint engagements with the World's top game developers to deliver the most engaging and compelling games to users on the Intel platform. We work directly with external developers on their source code to help build the best gaming experiences for today and tomorrow's players.
We're passionate about sharing our learnings and ensuring our results are helpful to the ecosystem by delivering collateral. We're helping to change the game, literally, and will be a big part of Intel's future success in the future of entertainment.
The ideal match for our team is excited about the games industry and helping developers bring new experiences, novel techniques and key optimizations to tomorrow's most played games.
- Responsible for developing multiple aspects of graphics software, display driver development and simulation environment development
- Works with various partners to enhance and improve graphics performance on upcoming processor graphics devices by analyzing performance issues in software drivers and applications, implementing software performance improvements, and recommending future hardware & software improvements
- Provides internal and external feedback to implement upcoming graphics features in yet to be released OSes to ensure our hardware and software will function and perform as expected on next generation platforms as well as designing/developing/implementing graphics system level software for future platforms
- Helps make games and interactive entertainment better with a role as a Software Engineer working with AAA developers
- Works with cutting edge hardware, driver and game code bases requires a creative and adaptable mindset
- 4 years of relevant work experience (or equivalent) is required in any gaming fields.
- Fantastic written & oral communication skills - engineers from
Intel and around the ecosystem learn and grow as a result of our efforts
- C/C++ programming - we are helping the ecosystem create the best experiences. It is important that you are a strong native
coder, able to quickly identify performance opportunities and are passionate about writing clear, efficient code
- Advanced graphics programming knowledge, including knowledge of the pipelines, APIs such as DirectX11, DirectX12, OpenGL and Vulkan
- Knowledge of at least one shading language is required along with knowledge of tools and techniques for graphics debugging and optimization
- Industry Experience - whether it's as a GPU Driver Developer, DevRel Engineer or as an Engineer at a gaming company you have an understanding of the games industry and its unique challenges and opportunities
- Familiarity with modern processor architecture, including CPU, GPU, memory sub-system and other components
- Passionate about video games and/or interactive entertainment experiences
- Occasional business travel is required
Awesome if you have it:
Inside this Business Group
- Unity or the Unreal Engine, in addition to your solid native programming skills, to make games
- Some experience around Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality or Computer Vision
- Worked for or at an interactive entertainment studio in the past
- Used tools such as VTune to help you optimize your code
The Intel Software and Services Group (SSG) connects Intel to the worldwide software community. SSG strives to bring competitive advantage to Intel platforms by helping independent software vendors, operating system developers, OEMs, channel members and systems integrators deliver exceptional customer value and achieve differentiation on Intel® processor technologies. SSG provides global leadership to the software community through its technical expertise, industry enabling activities, and developer products and programs.
Germany, Munich;Sweden, Stockholm