UEFI FW Development Team Manager
Seeking an experienced Firmware or Software Development Manager with a strong technical background to lead the development of UEFI FW in the Datacenter Group.
This challenging position offers an opportunity to help accelerate Intel's growth in the data center by delivering best in class technologies into the world's top servers. It will require to manage a team of software professionals including but not limited to engineers and architects who are responsible for delivering results over many areas of the software lifecycle: design, development, debugging, validation and optimization, customer engagement and product support. The focus will be on UEFI FW development but the scope of responsibilities might include systems software, OS drivers, development tools, user interfaces. The position also requires to provide architectural and technical guidance, and ensure that sound engineering practices are followed. The candidate will provide a direction and goals to the group and interacts with stakeholders both internal and external.
- BS/MS in CS/EE or equivalent
- 3+ years of experience with developing FW/SW, including demonstrated expertise in low level programming register-level, HW and platform initialization, etc. and operating systems
- 2+ years of experience managing a development team.
- Strong leadership and people management skills
- Ability to set the direction and pace of execution, motivate and inspire the team to deliver best in class results, support innovation, and work with stakeholders in Si design, pre- and post-Si validation, customer support, and other groups to remove roadblocks and achieve success
Nice to have:
- Proven ability to deliver complex software/firmware products on schedule with high quality across the application lifecycle
- Proven expertise in software/firmware development practices including SW/FW validation techniques, continuous integration methodology
- Experience in silicon or platform engineering disciplines such as RTL design/verification, pre-Si or post-Si validation, emulation, system engineering and system debug
- Direct customer interfacing through former experience in software management, application engineering, technical marketing, or a related role.
What we offer you:
Inside this Business Group
- Have a chance to participate in Intel Great Place to Work program which groups people who love running, cycling, squash, tennis, cross fit, photography, and many, many more
- Participate in various innovation-focused activities like innovation lab, collaboration events, and patent submissions writing
- Chill out with unlimited amount of coffee, tea, and soft drinks
- Charge internal batteries during energetic team events: wind-surfing, scuba diving, kayaking, etc.
- Basic salary is accompanied with bonuses, private medical plan, life insurance, lunch coupons, and more.
The Data Center Group (DCG) is at the heart of Intel’s transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies—spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions—that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.