Description: Intel Labs is seeking a motivated intern to join our Systems and Software Research SSR Lab. We are currently accepting applications for an intern to contribute in the areas of computational imaging, light field imaging, computer vision and/or image and video processing algorithms. The successful candidate will be part of a research initiative underway at Intel in computational imaging and will work with research staff in Intel Labs to contribute to that project. The candidate is expected to be a highly self-motivated individual with a strong publication record, effective communication skills, ability to work in a dynamic work environment, learn from and collaborate with researchers in Intel Labs. In this internship the candidate will perform research and development in computational imaging, build new research prototypes in computational imaging systems and prototype new algorithms for computational imaging and computational photography.
The successful candidates must be willing to relocate to the Santa Clara, California area and must exhibit the following behavioral traits:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to closely work with a wide variety of disciplinary backgrounds.
- Positive, "can do" attitude, enthusiasm and confidence
- Willingness to take calculated risks and stretch to achieve ambitious goals
- Strong analytical and logical problem-solving skills
- Excellent written/verbal communication and presentation skills
* Must be pursuing a MS or PhD degree in Computer Science/Electrical Engineering or related fields.
* Must have at least 1 year of experience and/or course work in one or more of the following:
- Computer vision
- Image and video processing
- Machine learning, deep learning and convolutional neural networks
- Computer Graphics
- Imaging system design, real-time aspects, hardware prototyping
- Strong software engineering skills with expertise in programming using at least one programming language such as C, C++ or Java
* Previous experience with camera array systems or other research systems in computational imaging and deep learningInside this Business Group
Intel Labs is the company's world-class, industry leading research organization, responsible for driving Intel's technology pipeline and creating new opportunities. The mission of Intel Labs is to deliver breakthrough technologies to fuel Intel's growth. This includes identifying and exploring compelling new technologies and high risk opportunities ahead of business unit investment and demonstrating first-to-market technologies and innovative new usages for computing technology. Intel Labs engages the leading thinkers in academia and industry in addition to partnering closely with Intel business units.