This is an entry level position and will be compensated accordingly.
Software Engineers conduct or participate in multidisciplinary research and collaborate with design, layout and/or hardware engineers in the design, development, and utilization of productivity enhancement layout tools and design rule checkers, electronic data processing systems software.
- Advises hardware designers on machine characteristics that affect software systems such as storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output requirements
- Designs and develops compilers and assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems
- Responds to customer/client requests or events as they occur
- Develops solutions to problems utilizing formal education, judgement and formal software process
- Determines computer user needs
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Experience listed below would be obtained through a combination of your school work/classes/research and/or relevant previous job and/or internship experiences.
- Must have a Bachelors in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field
- Minimum of 3 months experience with:
- 2 years of coursework/experience with C and/or C++
- Ability to adapt to changing requirements and new technology
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good knowledge of GPUs and Metal
- Familiarity with x86 architecture & experience with software performance optimization
- Knowledge of Intel software development tools and performance librariesInside this Business Group
The Intel Software and Services Group (SSG) connects Intel to the worldwide software community. SSG strives to bring competitive advantage to Intel platforms by helping independent software vendors, operating system developers, OEMs, channel members and systems integrators deliver exceptional customer value and achieve differentiation on Intel® processor technologies. SSG provides global leadership to the software community through its technical expertise, industry enabling activities, and developer products and programs.