In this position, you will be responsible for developing and supporting Pre-Silicon environment for firmware developers for Intel chipsets for server platforms.
You will be working on next generations products and will have an opportunity to gain experience on best in the world server technologies, like performance efficient power management, servers’ manageability etc. that will be released to the market in few years.
You will be a member of a cross-functional, cross-geo team that is very process-oriented and that delivers a world class server platforms based on Intel silicon.
Your responsibilities as a Firmware engineer may include but not be limited to:
- Understand feature requirements, architecture and design.
- Firmware development mainly in C language or C++ language depending on assignment.
- Unit Tests development.
- Firmware debugging.
- Firmware integration with other server HW and SW platform components, like CPU, PCH, BIOS, OS etc.
- Master of Science degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or related field.
Successful candidate must have:
- At least 3 years of experience in working within defined software development lifecycle.
- Proven commercial/Open Source programming skills in C and C++, 2+ years.
- Proven commercial/open source Python 2 programming experience, 2+ years
- Familiarity with CMake/git/SVN/GCC/Eclipse toolchain
- Basic understanding of FPGAs what it is, toolchains, typical workflows
- Experience using device/system simulators QEMU, WindRiver Simics, Synopsys Virtualizer, etc
- Basic understanding of modern SW development approaches gated commit, continuous integration/delivery
- Readiness to write not only the code, but also tests and documentation for that code
- Skill and mindset versatility - we don't have any developer/tester split and a big part of our work is supporting other teams in using Pre-Si solutions
- Good English skills for verbal communication and technical documentation authorship.
Additional Preferred Qualifications nice to have:
- Experience developing device simulators QEMU, Simics, Synopsys Virtualizer and/or device models for those
- Experience developing Simulator+real HW or FPGA hybrids or actual SW/FW+HW products
- Experience with developing embedded firmware, real-time operating systems and HW/SW interactions. Cross compilation and C language expertise.
- Knowledge of Intel architecture little endian, x86, x64.
- Remote debugging experiences on target platforms.
- Test Driven Development including Unit Tests environments for C.
- Good communication skills and ability to cooperate in multinational environment.
We offer you:
Inside this Business Group
- Chance to work with and learn from the top-notch experts in the field.
- Plenty of career development opportunities including a variety of trainings, accessible knowledge sources, participation in conferences and business trip abroad.
- Flexible work environment.
- Opportunity to join Intel's benefits program health care, employee benefits, stock options etc.
The Data Center Group (DCG) is at the heart of Intel’s transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies—spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions—that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.