This position is a technical sales lead aligned to the Business Unit Sales head. Responsible for advising and influencing end user customers, ISVs, OEMs, partners and scale engines. Responsible for understanding the business use case and technical merits of a solution and co-owning relationships with customer/partner decision-makers to influence the customers purchasing decision. Works with all audiences to accelerate adoption of Intel-based platforms and document gaps/provide feedback to solution stakeholders including: solution architects, vertical/horizontal business leaders and partners, OEMs, system integrators, solution integrators, solution providers, and ISVs & service providers. Daily activities will include providing direct technical assistance to customers and partners, interfacing with Sr. technical decision makers for Line of Business and Operational Technology Groups and representing customer market segment requirements back into the business unit for future product planning.
This is a Sales Team Goal eligible sales position. Responsible for advising and influencing assigned Local OEMs, Storage Innovators and channel partners. Understand non-volatile memory solutions use cases and technical merits of storage and SSD based solutions. In close coordination with account teams, develop and cultivate relationships with technical decision-makers to influence customer's purchasing decisions. Provide direct technical assistance to customers and partners while representing market segment requirements back into the BU for product planning purposes. Drive design-in and qualifications of SSD products across multiple segments: datacenter, embedded, and client engagements.
Inside this Business Group Required skills: 9) Previous SMG experience Required qualifications:
1) Strong knowledge of Storage, Memory, SSD, HDD markets and competitive environment
2) Experience with SAS, SATA, Fiber Channel, PCIe/ NVMe storage components
3) Prior experience/knowledge with storage architectures for client or server platforms
4) Ability to identify new design-in opportunities to grow Intel's memory & storage business
5) Solid understanding of key hardware and software trends within data centers related to Big Data, HPC, Content Delivery, OLTP, Virtualization, Databases, Private vs Public Cloud, Storage and Networking
6) Extensive experience interacting with factory roles to obtain required technical support and achieve sales results in the field
7) Excellent interpersonal relationship skills with proven ability to execute effectively across matrixed teams
8) Strong verbal and written communication skills
1) Experience with RAID controllers, HBAs, Expanders and JBODs
2) Prior experience/ knowledge with Intel Architecture CPUs, boards, or systems
3) Experience with solutions such as vSAN, Ceph, Apache Spark, Memcached
1) 5+ years of technical sales experience or engineering or applications support
2) Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or other related fields of study
1) 10+ years of technical sales experience or engineering or applications support
2) Master's degree
9) Previous SMG experience
The Intel Sales Organization works globally to solve critical business problems with Intel based technology solutions. Our customers range from the world's largest enterprises and institutions including Fortune 100 companies, Governments to Systems Integrators and Emerging solutions providers. We partner with innovators and makers to enable inventions in Personal Technology, Cloud Services, Internet of Things, Healthcare, Big Data and Wearable's. Our Sales Force works across multiple industries and navigates a complex partner and customer ecosystem as we shape product roadmaps, drive value for our customers, and collaborate to harness emerging technology trends with the delivery of comprehensive solutions.