Intel is seeking an Engineer with both hardware & software experience to join the Intel Non-Volatile Memory Solutions Group team to help validate the next generation of Intel's industry-leading PCIe Solid State Drives .
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Develop test cases in python and debug system-level Firmware validation failures on datacenter servers with PCIe SSDs.
- Update devices and test systems with appropriate firmware, drivers and tools.
- Execute test cases and review logs to determine pass/fail conditions and 1st step debug/triage.
- Troubleshoot test issues in both Linux and Windows.
- Work closely with internal teams such as Product Engineering, Firmware Development, Test Development and other Validation Teams to drive bug resolution.
- Communicate and train other teammates on newly discovered BKMs. Best Known Methods Drive improved validation methodologies, documentation, and automated testing within the team.
This job requires a team player with strong technical expertise, planning, and communication skills who is motivated to deliver quality test results in a timely manner
You must possess the minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Relevant experience can be obtained through school work, classes and project work, internships, military training, and/ or work experience.
The candidate must be pursuing a Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or closely related field.
Minimum 1 year of experience in the following:
Python software development
C, C++, PERL, JAVA
Development and debug in both Linux and Windows environments
Git or other version control systems
Installing and configuring Windows and Linux OS + updating associated drivers
Server level debug and fault isolation
Experience in ATA, SATA, SAS, PCIe, and/or NVMe protocol and debug, including knowledge of relevant debug tools protocol analyzers, scopes, logic analyzers
Experience in development for and/or use of storage devices such as HDD, SSD, SAN, and/or NAS
Understanding of NAND memory fundamentals Validation or QA experience
Experience with Dual Port Storage Technology
Non-Volatile Solutions Memory Group: The Non-Volatile Memory Solutions Group is a worldwide organization that delivers NAND flash memory products for use in Solid State Drives (SSDs), portable memory storage devices, digital camera memory cards, and other devices. The group is responsible for NVM technology design and development, complete Solid State Drive (SSD) system hardware and firmware development, as well as wafer and SSD manufacturing.