FPGA Application Engineer
EMEA OSC is looking for an experienced Sales Application Engineer with strong technical capabilities to join our Inside sales team focusing on channel European PSG (Intel’s Programming Solutions Group = Altera) customers in key sectors such as IOT, Industrial, Transportation, Comms Infrastructure, Network applications and datacenters (acceleration by FPGA products) and others.
The ideal candidate will drive sales of Intel's field-programmable gate array FPGA products. The candidate will have good understanding of the FPGA markets, products and trends and will bring both commercial and engineering competence to consult our customers on their Intel designs as well as a passion for interacting with multiple inside and outside stakeholders.
Based in Gdansk, Poland, this is a commissioned Sales position:
- Responsible for engaging with new and existing business customers to influence the inclusion of PSG products into their designs and solutions.
- Performs application engineer design in/win responsibilities with new solutions at existing customers, as well as generating new designs at new customers engaged through the online sales engines.
- As part of app engineer responsibilities, independently develops and leads technical design win strategy by developing relationship with customer's engineering staff in order to understand the customer products and solutions, and works with Intel sales and division technical resources to ensure the recommended Intel solution meets the specification.
- Works directly with customer via phone, email, chat to resolve technical issues in achieving the solution/design proposal.
- Guides Intel account manager and customer through design phase with technical resources.
- Owns creation of technical content for sales and makes available to customer via web and white papers.
- May be involved in rolling up customer technical needs for product development and delivering technical training materials.
- Individuals act as technical experts, consultants, analysts and technical support specialists.
- May visit customers occasionally.
- Develops solutions to problems using formal education and judgement.
- This position is an Inside sales position based in Gdansk, Poland, some travel for customer visits purpose may be required, to targeted regions/countries in EMEA.
- BSc degree in Electronic Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science plus at least three years technical sales, preferably online.
- A proven track record in FPGA designs and validation, development process, tools and flow, industry experience FPGA, ASIC, ASSP, CPU, or DSP, or digital design, embedded system design HW and SW.
- Minimum 2-3 years practical design experience in a related electronics field, possess a working knowledge of current PC system architecture, bus protocols, and Intel Architecture down to the register level preferred and possess a working knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Linux operating systems, and familiar with installation of operating system drivers and applications.
- Minimum of 5 years of demonstrated professional experience working in electronics designs may be considered in lieu of an engineering degree.
- 3+ years or equivalent internet and customer engagement/Influence skills via written email/chat and spoken phone communications.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience with FPGA development tools, Intel-PSG(Altera) or Xilinx FPGA tool flow, ARM Core processor design flow.
- Experience with RTL development ,Verilog or VHDL.
- Experience with Quartus.
- Experience with OpenCL or High Level Design language expertise.
- Previous experience as an FAE dealing with FPGA's.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Self-motivated, team player, experienced in cross team leadership
Other skills/business acumen requirements:
Inside this Business Group
- The ability to quickly and effectively assess the customers' business model and goals for growth with Intel products.
- Demonstrable track record of working effectively with others to accomplish goals.
- Self-starter, well organized with a passion to win is a must.
- Able to build great relationship with customers, mostly by phone/e-mail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
The Intel Sales Organization works globally to solve critical business problems with Intel based technology solutions. Our customers range from the world's largest enterprises and institutions including Fortune 100 companies, Governments to Systems Integrators and Emerging solutions providers. We partner with innovators and makers to enable inventions in Personal Technology, Cloud Services, Internet of Things, Healthcare, Big Data and Wearable's. Our Sales Force works across multiple industries and navigates a complex partner and customer ecosystem as we shape product roadmaps, drive value for our customers, and collaborate to harness emerging technology trends with the delivery of comprehensive solutions.