In this position, you will be a member of the CIG-VICE Validation Center of Excellence an IP System Validation organization. More specifically, the team is responsible for pre and post silicon validation of CSE, CSME, IE and OCS IPs. These IPs are part of products across all business units at Intel. This role provides opportunities to work across multiple validation environments - Simics, FPGA, emulation as well as post silicon.
This role will encompass the following but not limited to:
- Interfacing with IP architecture, design, and pre-silicon verification teams to develop test plans for new IP generations
- Debugging test failures using a variety of debug tools, characterization of the failure, root-cause to RTL line of code and bug fix verification
- Developing innovative solutions in the validation space in environments such as IP FPGA, SOC HFPGA, SLE emulation, VP, Post-Si.
- Planning, developing new test content and enhancing existing test content and capabilities in C, C++, Assembly, Python
- B.S. Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or related discipline with 3+ years of experience
- Experience with Pre and/or Post Si System Validation
- Experience with Early Prototyping Emulation, Simics, FPGA
- Intel architecture and/or micro-architecture knowledge: processors, chipset, memory, I/O-subsystems, and bus protocols PCIe, SMBus, USB etc.
- C/C++ software/firmware experience- Embedded/Low level software experience
- Experience with debug tools ITP, PythonSV, Lauterbach, TLA, Oscilloscopes
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated and results oriented
- M.S. Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or related discipline
- Rocket and/or Maestro experience
- CSME HW knowledgeInside this Business Group
The Platform Engineering Group (PEG) is responsible for the design, development, and production of system-on-a-chip (SoC) products that go into Intel’s next generation client and mobile platforms. PEG strives to lead the industry moving forward through product innovation and world class engineering.