Graphics Software Engineer
We are looking for an experienced engineer to join the Software Engineering organization within the Visual and Parallel Computing Group VPG.
In this role you will work on the newest technologies associated with Intel graphics. You will be able to demonstrate the ability to effectively work with cross-geo teams of software development and validation engineers, graphics architects, performance analysts and other support teams to create and innovate cutting edge graphics features. You will have an opportunity to make impact on future hardware design and software improvements by defining innovative features or validation strategies to deliver best in class products and improve overall user experience.
Your responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Gaining and continuously extending in-depth knowledge of Intel graphics architecture and features as well as demonstrating it in day-to-day activities
- Using a structured approach in designing, developing and testing graphics system-level software and/or tools
- Working with various partners to enhance and improve graphics performance on upcoming processor graphics devices by analyzing performance issues in software drivers and applications, implementing software performance improvements, and recommending future hardware & software improvements
- Ensuring our hardware and software will function and perform as expected- Root-causing and resolving issues
- Master's Degree or Bachelor's in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
- 4+ years of experience in software and/or hardware commercial projects
- Practical knowledge of C/C++ and scripting languages
- Ability to technically lead tasks and solve complex technical issues
- Knowledge of software revision control tools
- Practical knowledge of various debugging, logging and tracing tools
- Knowledge of Windows*, Linux* and/or MacOS* operating systems and experience in developing applications and/or drivers for these operating systems
- Desire and ability to quickly learn and gain new knowledge
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
Nice to have:
- In-depth knowledge of 3D graphics and GPGPU pipeline and API standards: Direct3D*, Vulkan*, OpenGL/ES*, OpenCL*, etc.
- Work on 3D games or game engine development
- Experience in hardware simulation, emulation or virtualization technologies
- Experience in performance analysis and optimizations development
- Knowledge of low-level programming languages and hardware programming aspects
- Technical understanding of operating systems internals
Besides regular engineering you can:
Inside this Business Group
- Have fun by participation in various innovation-focused activities, including Intel makers and innovators community, access to well-equipped innovation lab, have dedicated innovation time
- Chill out with unlimited amount of coffee, tea, soft drinks, massage chairs, and barbecues
- Charge batteries during team events like wind-surfing, scuba diving, kayaking, soccer, airsoft, skiing and many others
- Use on-site conveniences including basketball, soccer, volleyball courts, board games room, covered motorcycle parking, free fruits, gaming consoles, airport shuttle service, table-tennis, tire change service, spa services, hairdressing, nursing mother's rooms, and more
- Basic salary is accompanied with bonuses, private medical plan, life insurance, lunch coupons, Intel stock, and more.
The Platform Engineering Group (PEG) is responsible for the design, development, and production of system-on-a-chip (SoC) products that go into Intel’s next generation client and mobile platforms. PEG strives to lead the industry moving forward through product innovation and world class engineering.