We created the Intel Atom Processor, a disruptive technology that enables a broad range of devices including entry PC's, smartphones, modems, 2 in 1 laptops, micro-servers, and other Internet-of-Things IoT devices. You will be the key member of a team, participating in the design of a future generation high performance Intel Atom microprocessor. This role requires an engineer with a broad mix of design skills and experience, an ability to communicate well, and a desire to work effectively as part of a team. You will work on the implementation of CPU Core blocks from synthesis through post-layout verification and tapeout. You will develop the custom constraints for driving synthesis and Auto-Place and Route APR tools to implement and optimize the design to meet aggressive timing and power goals. You will work closely with micro-architecture, RTL, and custom circuit teams to converge the design to project targets.Examples of CPU blocks you may own include L2 Cache, BUS controls/datapath, Core functions like the Floating Point Unit, L1 Data Cache, Microcode Sequencer, Out-of-order instruction sequencer.
More details on responsibilities:
- Critical path analysis and identification of logic structures requiring custom design and layout for timing optimization.
- Block floorplanning.
- RTL to gate level netlist generation through synthesis, placement, Clock tree synthesis CTS and route flows.
- Static timing analysis.
- Validation of physical design including timing, electrical rules, DRC/LVS, Noise, electromigration checks.
- Formal equivalence verification.
- Scripting to automate tasks and improve debug efficiency.
You must meet either one of the criteria in order to be considered for this position:
1) MS in Electrical Engineering and/or Computer Engineering OR
2) BS in Electrical Engineering and/or Computer Engineering 2+ years of relevant experience.
Behavioral traits for this position would include logical thinking, very good verbal/written communication, excellent interpersonal skills, ability to prioritize work, multi-tasking, good analytical and problem solving skills.Inside this Business Group
The Platform Engineering Group (PEG) is responsible for the design, development, and production of system-on-a-chip (SoC) products that go into Intel’s next generation client and mobile platforms. PEG strives to lead the industry moving forward through product innovation and world class engineering.