This is an Intel contract employee ICE position with a contract employment period of 4 months with no relocation package or permanent visa sponsorship available.
As an RF IC Physical Design Engineer, you would be responsible for creating bottoms-up elements of chip design including but not limited to FET, cell, and block-level custom layouts, FUB-level floor plans, abstract view generation, RC extraction and schematic-to-layout verification and debug using phases of physical design development including parasitic extraction, static timing, wire load models, clock generation, customer polygon editing, auto-place and route algorithms, floor planning, full-chip assembly, packaging, and verification.
In addition, you would be responsible for:
- Troubleshooting a wide variety up to and including difficult design issues and applied proactive intervention
- Scheduling, staffing, executing and verifying complex chips development and execution of project methodologies and/or flow developments
- Requires expansive knowledge and practical application of methodologies and physical design.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Experience listed below would be obtained through relevant previous jobs and/or research experiences.
- Must have a BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or related discipline or in lieu of a degree, a minimum of 7 years of RFIC circuit physical design experience
- Minimum 5 years of radio-frequency integrated circuit physical design experience including experience in both Cadence design flow and Intel's Genesis tool
- Experience with foundry technology in 28nm nodes and below
- Knowledge of layout of inductors, transformers and other passive devices
- Must understand how to run extraction tools and how to use that feedback to guide physical design
- Experience with Intel's advanced technology nodes.Inside this Business Group
Intel Labs, the New Business Initiatives group (NBI), the Perceptual Computing Group and the New Devices Group (NDG). Additionally, New Devices Group and the New Business Initiatives group were combined into the New Business Group (NBG) which nests into NTG.