Intel is seeking highly qualified candidates to join our Data Center Group (DCG) team as a Data Center Engineer!
Join Intel and engineer the future! Intel is in the midst of an exciting transformation, with a vision to create and extend computing technology to connect and enrich the lives of every person on Earth. So join us-and help us create the next generation of technologies that will shape the future for decades to come.
As a Data Center Engineer in this role, you will join an exciting world-wide team that provides data center infrastructure as a service, at scale, to internal teams developing and testing data center solutions.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Performing general server administration tasks, monitoring and optimizing system performance and reliability, operational workflow development, and managing enhancements/upgrades.
- Develop and maintain system documentation for Lab/Data Center configuration and customizations.
- Provide application and server level support for all environments.
- Lead Technical efforts for software upgrade, patch updates, data migration and server software.
- Conduct system performance analysis and performance improvements in collaboration with Architects and Engineers to ensure system efficiency.
- Provide Tier 2 and Tier 3 level support for multiple infrastructure environments.
In this position you will gain invaluable experience which will allow growth and expanded opportunities within this business group as well as future possible opportunities with other business groups within Intel.
The Data Center Group (DCG) drives new products technologies from high-end co-processors for supercomputers to low-energy systems for enterprise and the cloud, as well as solutions for big data and intelligent devices. The group is a worldwide organization that develops the products and technologies that power nine of every 10 servers sold worldwide.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent with 4+ years of industry experience or a Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent with 3+ years of industry experience, or a PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent with industry experience.
- 4 plus years of experience in datacenter architectures compute, storage or networking, automation or open source cloud ecosystems.
- 4 plus years of experience in DevOps or working with datacenter Solutions Engineers preferably in datacenter automation using open source solutions.
- 3 plus years of experience in IT operations or DevOps role supporting infrastructure.
- 3 plus years of experience and programming proficiency in Ruby, Python, Java, C, Golang, or Erlang Linux.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- 3-5 years of experience in some or all of the following:
* Scripting, building tools or automation techniques.
* Exposure to configuration management tools like Puppet, Chef, Ansible, or CFEngine.
* Virtualization or containers e.g. vSphere, Docker, KVM, OpenStack, Mesos, Kubernetes.
* Exposure to IaaS, PaaS or SaaS concepts or environments.
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Exposure to agile development environment software development experience preferred.
- Ability to consume and utilize new programming languages, design patterns, APIs, or tool sets.
- Strong communication abilities for technical and non-technical audiences.
- Team player, with excellent communication skills.
- Passion to exceed expectations and constantly push the envelope.Inside this Business Group
The Data Center Group (DCG) is at the heart of Intel’s transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies—spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions—that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.