We are looking for engineers at ALL levels that are excited to be part of one of Intel's fast growing teams, NSG Non-Volatile Memory Solutions Group, and passionate to work on industry changing memory technologies. As a Firmware Engineer in NSG you will develop/test the firmware that controls Intel's cutting edge SSD's Solid State Drives.
In this role your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Define, develop and implement firmware validation test plan and test content.
- Integrate tests into an automated test environment and collaborate with test execution teams to drive your validation plans/strategy.
- Review, track and document test results and sightings.
- Triage failures and recommend or implement solutions.
The ideal candidate should exhibit the following behavioral traits:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills for interfacing with architecture, development, validation, manufacturing, and other disciplines.
- Good analytical, integration, support, and debugging skills.
- Proactive approach to work and communication
Candidate should possess a Bachelor of Science degree with at least 1+ years additional experience, or a Master of Science degree with at least 0 years additional experience, in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum of 1+ years’ experience with high level programming C/C++ and scripting languages like Python
- Minimum of 1+ years of validation experience with embedded firmware, real-time operating system RTOS, and HW/SW interactions.
- Minimum of 1+ years’ experience in developing, reviewing, and implementing test plans
- Experience with hardware/software debugging using JTAG, logic analyzers, protocol analyzers, etc.
- Experience in C, C++ programming skills in an embedded environment.
- Experience developing unit tests for code quality validation- Knowledge of Agile development methodologies.
- Knowledge of software validation concepts
- Industry experience in NAND SSDs, storage protocols especially PCIe and/or NVMe.
- Exposure to commercial product development/validation environment.
- Experience in data manipulation and memory-management algorithms in flash memories.
- Highly motivated self-starter, able to work in collaborative environment with cross -organizational teams
Non-Volatile Solutions Memory Group: The Non-Volatile Memory Solutions Group is a worldwide organization that delivers NAND flash memory products for use in Solid State Drives (SSDs), portable memory storage devices, digital camera memory cards, and other devices. The group is responsible for NVM technology design and development, complete Solid State Drive (SSD) system hardware and firmware development, as well as wafer and SSD manufacturing.