Come and join us! Intel is seeking highly qualified candidates to join our Data Center Group (DCG) as a Network Software Engineer!
Intel is seeking highly qualified candidates to join our Data Center Group DCG team as an Intel Contract Employee. In this role as a Network Software Development Engineer, responsibilities may be quite diverse and are technical in nature. You will need to have a solid background in Linux driver development and kernel mode debugging. Ideally you will have experience with and be responsible for designing and implementation of a kernel-mode Ethernet and Storage/NVMe drivers.
Responsibilities and skills/experience required include, but are not limited to:
- Extensively unit tests their implementation.
- Can code to standards and integrate with existing solutions.
- Software development skills C & C++.
- Ability to analyze network protocols to troubleshoot networking problems and to recognize and develop network performance solutions [TCP, IPv4 and/or IPv6, Domain Name System DNS, Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol DHCP].
In this position you will gain invaluable experience which will allow growth and expanded opportunities within this business group as well as future possible opportunities with other business groups within Intel.
The Data Center Group (DCG) drives new products technologies from high-end co-processors for supercomputers to low-energy systems for enterprise and the cloud, as well as solutions for big data and intelligent devices. The group is a worldwide organization that develops the products and technologies that power nine of every 10 servers sold worldwide.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related discipline with 9+ years of work experience, a Masters in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related discipline with 6+ years of work experience, or a PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related discipline and 4+ years of work experience.
- 9 plus years of experience in Linux kernel development and/or base driver software development
- 9 plus years of working experience and solid understanding of Ethernet protocols TCP/UDP/etc. and Storage protocols NVMe, iSCSI, FCoE, etc.
- 9 plus years of experience and knowledge with debugging user and kernel mode problems, development and debug tools and experience in C development and debugging.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Working knowledge or better of recent Intel Architecture platform architectures is highly desired.
- Candidates with experience implementing base drivers for Intel Ethernet products and Storage NVMe products will be given priority.
- Driver development experience on multiple operating systems recent versions of Windows, Linux, and ESX will be a strong advantage.
- Existing expertise in one or more of the following areas: Virtualization SR--IOV/VMDq, Encryption, RDMA, DCB/QoS, performance optimization of L2 network drivers.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to be able to work as part of a multi-site team.
- Ability to work independently and proactively.
- Good problem analysis and solving skills coupled with a strong drive to learn and teach others.Inside this Business Group
The Data Center Group (DCG) is at the heart of Intel’s transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies—spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions—that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.