Come and join us! Intel is seeking highly qualified candidates to join our Data Center Group (DCG) team as a Rack Scale Design (RSD) Solutions Architect!
Are you a possibility thinker? Do you not only see the future of data center but want to roll up your sleeves to make it happen? Then you might have a home in our team of doers, Jacks and Jane's of all trades, which is expanding the datacenter solutions space. We are a team of highly motivated, experienced and agile thinkers, who are looking for the right unicorn to join us as the Rack Scale Design Solutions Architect.
As a Solutions Architect, you will interface with Senior Leaders, Systems Engineers, Architects and Engineering Managers across Intel to deliver strategic value for Intel through differentiating hardware and software. We are housed within the Data Center Solutions Group that is tasked with reinventing the data center of the future. You will need have a good understanding of reference architecture, server and platform technologies, hardware, firmware, software as well as system integration, validation and enabling functions. Your key deliverable will be to create the architecture for robust solutions meeting or exceeding the market requirements for both OEM and end-user customers. You must be a critical thinker, have strong self-direction, and be able to communicate clearly.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
-Establish domain expertise with hands-on software integration programming.
-Craft technical strategies and offer proposals for the business.
-Provide technical leadership and direction for the prototyping team and across Intel.
-Drive solution learnings and innovations into Intel products working with product planning and architecture.
-Represent Intel's direction and interest in industry bodies and public forums.
-Develop technical relationships with end-users, ISVs, OEMs and Intel platform architects and Proof-Of-Concept engineers.
-Provide architecture-related guidance for product planning, engineering, market requirements and business strategy as needed.
-Define and articulate the architecture needs for technology and product delivery to a wide variety of audiences: internal and external senior executive and technical talent, field organizations, senior business executives in customer and partner companies.
-Be sensitive to customer and partner issues, conduct deep dives to understand issues and opportunities and realign priorities as needed.
-Be sensitive to timing and cost requirements provided by the business and competitive strategy teams.
In this position you will gain invaluable experience which will allow growth and expanded opportunities within this business group as well as future possible opportunities with other business groups within Intel.
The Data Center Group (DCG) drives new products technologies from high-end co-processors for supercomputers to low-energy systems for enterprise and the cloud, as well as solutions for big data and intelligent devices. The group is a worldwide organization that develops the products and technologies that power nine of every 10 servers sold worldwide.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent with 9+ years of industry experience or a Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent with 6+ years of industry experience, or a PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent with 4+ years of industry experience.
-6 plus years of experience working with technical solutions and ingredient stacks from a technical perspective. This includes CPUs, chipsets, memory solutions, networking, device drivers, operating systems and ecosystem ingredients.
-5 plus years of experience with technical marketing or software engineering.
-5 plus years of experience working within native, virtualized, and container deployment models.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Master’s Degree preferred.
- Experience in server, network, and/or storage systems.
- Expertise in virtualized infrastructure e.g. virtual machines, containers.
- Prior experience working within Linux and/or other open source software projects and communities.
- Understand and document evolving end user needs and requirements.
- Hands-on solutions architecture and design and development hardware, software, system.
- Knowledge and experience with fixed and mobile networking equipment categories.
- Understand and leverage, context, history and interdependencies to best know what works and what doesn't to engage and influence the broad set of internal and external stakeholders.
- Prior experience with RSD technologies.
- Hands-on, self-starter, takes initiative, proven influencing skills.
- Creates solution proof points and communicates them to internal and external audiences.
- Comfortable with working in highly matrixed organizations.
- Good Mathematical and Analytical Skills.
- High level project / program management experience.
- Ability to dive deep to understand issues and pop up to summarize key points to management.
- Ability to learn new technology concepts quickly.
- High energy, entrepreneurial and collaborative attitude.
- Good command of presentation preparation tools Power Point, etc. and information management tools Excel, SharePoint, OneNote, etc.Inside this Business Group
The Data Center Group (DCG) is at the heart of Intel’s transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies—spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions—that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.