Responsible for physical failure analysis of packaged/ un-packaged semiconductor product or test chip material employing results to establish root cause. Assists engineering in assessment of process health and defect identification. Owns Transmission Electron Microscopy (TEM) preparation and/or hands-on physical analysis, including sample preparation for probing or TEM imaging. Assignments are semi-routine in nature but require a wide array of laboratory techniques and skills. Judgment required to resolve nonstandard problems. Normally receives general instructions on work from engineers.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Organizing work to ensure accomplishment of associated tasks including analysis, documentation and follow through. Work from technical documents, design layout, written Best Known Methods (BKM) and/or verbal directions to complete tasks in assigned areas.
- Maintain necessary records and reports. Perform other related duties as required or as directed. The successful candidate will be expected to master TEM preparation and/or de-layering/de-processing techniques.
- Candidates with the right background and basic electron microscopy skills will be trained as required in all necessary competencies.
The ideal candidate will exhibit the following behavioral trait:
Attention to detail, focus to execute and willingness to learn new techniques.
Inside this Business Group
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Experience listed below would be obtained through a combination of your school work/classes/research and/or relevant previous job and/or internship experiences.
- Candidate must possess an Associate or Bachelor's Degree in Electron Microscopy or Materials Science or Physics or Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field
- Candidate must have unrestricted right to work in US without requiring sponsorship.
- Minimum 6 month of experience with electro-microscopy.
- Hands on electron microscopy experience and knowledge of IC processing and de-processing or analytical laboratory techniques and tools used to identify Si process defect at different processing layers, from package to transistor.
-Understanding of wet and dry etching, mechanical grinding, polishing, and dimpling is helpful.
As the world's largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art -- from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to packaging, final test and optimization, and world class Supply Chain and facilities support. Employees in the Technology and Manufacturing Group are part of a worldwide network of design, development, manufacturing, and assembly/test facilities, all focused on utilizing the power of Moore’s Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on Earth