Intel Programmable Solutions Group (formerly Altera) is seeking talented, highly motivated candidates to join its Application Engineering team delivering technical support to its customers and partners in Europe
As an Application Engineer in our European Regional Application Engineering team you will work in collaboration with the existing team located in High Wycombe, UK and will be responsible for delivering expert level technical support on Intel PSG’s products.
You will work in a rapid learning environment, alongside industry experts, who will support your daily development and knowledge growth. Training courses will further accelerate your learning, with potential opportunities to visit other Intel PSG locations world-wide. You will learn how to use all the resources at your disposal to make sure that our customers can realize their FPGA-based designs as efficiently as possible using our silicon, software and IP products.
Your opinions and thoughts will be valued from day one.
You will be expected to collaborate with a wide range of teams within PSG to ensure that you meet your technical support objectives and will be expected to identify the most appropriate means to deliver that support to ensure that the customers you are working with can achieve their design goals.
- B.Sc. or B.Eng. in Electronic Engineering or equivalent in addition to 3+ years of relevant experience
- The ability to work flexibly in a multi-tasking, team-based environment
- Good interpersonal skills and an ability to apply sound judgement
- Excellent technical knowledge with skills and experience in areas such as FPGA or ASIC design using Verilog, VHDL or high level design tools e.g. OpenCL, board design, board debug, circuit and board modelling and simulation (e.g. Spice and IBIS) and embedded systems design
- Experience with the use of oscilloscopes, signal generators, pattern generators, logic analysers and other laboratory equipment
- Programming skills in C or C++
- Good communication skills, problem solving skills, and the ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
Join our team of innovators, where you are encouraged to break through boundaries to invent and advance technology. Working at Intel PSG means that you are working with the brightest people in the industry. We create technology that enables our customers to create products that solve problems. You’ll find our products in a variety of applications, including communications, networking, cloud computing, storage, industrial, automotive, and defence.
You’ll work on exciting and industry leading products that challenge you to do, and become your best, while working with a company that cares about our customers, community, and the environment.
Come build your career. Be a part of a team where you can grow while helping others grow.
What we offer:
We offer competitive benefits and pay, opportunities for professional development and the flexibility you need to achieve balance. Intel fosters a collaborative environment allowing the brightest minds in the world to come together to achieve exceptional results.
Besides regular duties you can:
- Take advantage of various career development activities.
- Participate in various innovation-focused activities (innovation lab, collaboration events, and patent submissions writing).
- Have a chance to participate in Intel Great Place to Work program which gathers people who love running, cycling, squash, tennis, cross fit, photography, and many more.
- Relax during energetic team events (skiing, scuba diving, kayaking, etc.)
- Chill out with unlimited amount of coffee, tea, and soft drinks :).
Base salary is accompanied with such additional benefits as bonuses, private medical plan, life insurance, lunch coupons, and more.
Please be informed that Intel is proactively trying to find candidates for this position which is frequently available at Intel Technology Poland. Please note that the position may not be available at this time. If you would be interested in this position should it become available, we would encourage you to apply, and our hiring team will be glad to contact you when/if relevant.Inside this Business Group
The Programmable Solutions Group (PSG) was formed from the acquisition of Altera. As part of Intel, PSG will create market-leading programmable logic devices that deliver a wider range of capabilities than customers experience today. Combining Altera's industry-leading FPGA technology and customer support with Intel's world-class semiconductor manufacturing capabilities will enable customers to create the next generation of electronic systems with unmatched performance and power efficiency. PSG takes pride in creating an energetic and dynamic work environment that is driven by ingenuity and innovation. We believe the growth and success of our group is directly linked to the growth and satisfaction of our employees. That is why PSG is committed to a work environment that is flexible and collaborative, and allows our employees to reach their full potential.