The Intel Programmable Solutions Group is looking for talented, highly motivated candidates to work intimately with our lead customers to co-develop FPGA based Autonomous Driving systems. As an Autonomous Driving AD Algorithm Engineer, you will be responsible for applying mathematical, software and design engineering skills to co-design and develop production quality AD solutions. Located in Germany, you will partner with our customers on a daily basis, frequently on-site at customer premises. Technical collaboration will be varied, including OpenCL based FPGA friendly algorithm design, full lifecycle development including optimization, verification, debug, system workload partitioning, Intel FPGA education, training and support. Not only will you work in a rapid learning environment, alongside industry experts, you will also work in collaboration with the most innovative automotive manufacturers to accelerate next generation autonomous driving algorithms through highly optimized embedded FPGA implementations.
The successful candidate will have a proven ability to understand complex vision and machine learning algorithms, as well as a fluency in programming languages such as OpenCL to develop and deliver highly accelerated systems. Autonomous vehicles are a key element of Intel's strategy over the next decade. Technologies are moving rapidly as are market needs. The right candidate will be excited and energized by these dynamic challenges. You will work within an Agile engineering environment, frequently delivering high quality solutions to customers and communicating with your team on a daily basis to build innovative and creative products. Your opinions and thoughts are valued from day one. The successful candidate will gain immediate visibility of the impact of their work and directly drive business success.
Inside this Business Group
• Hands on OpenCL development of Autonomous Driving algorithms targeting FPGA
• Work in partnership with strategic customers to implement production quality Autonomous Driving algorithms on the FPGA
• Frequently on-site at customer premises, working as extension of customer team
• Drive OpenCL compiler features and improvements, to meet customer needs, through close collaboration with the Intel FPGA High Level Design tools team
• M.S in Electronic Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent degree
• Experience in OpenCL and strong software skills e.g. C/C++
• Technical knowledge and appreciation of hardware concepts
• Skills and experience in FPGA or ASIC design using Verilog/VHDL and related design flows are desirable
• An interest in some/all of the following areas: Computer Vision, Video, Artificial Intelligence, Deep Learning, Machine Vision, 3DGraphics
• Excellent self-starter with good problem solving skills
• Good interpersonal and communication skills and an ability to apply sound judgement
The Programmable Solutions Group (PSG) was formed from the acquisition of Altera. As part of Intel, PSG will create market-leading programmable logic devices that deliver a wider range of capabilities than customers experience today. Combining Altera's industry-leading FPGA technology and customer support with Intel's world-class semiconductor manufacturing capabilities will enable customers to create the next generation of electronic systems with unmatched performance and power efficiency. PSG takes pride in creating an energetic and dynamic work environment that is driven by ingenuity and innovation. We believe the growth and success of our group is directly linked to the growth and satisfaction of our employees. That is why PSG is committed to a work environment that is flexible and collaborative, and allows our employees to reach their full potential.