Creating and extending computing technology to connect and enrich the lives of every person on Earth- that's our vision, is it yours? We are changing the world at Intel.
Drive an industry forward
This position is for an Engineering Lead to join Intel’s RF and PMIC Development team (RPD), within the Cellular Solutions Group that belongs to the greater Intel Communication and Devices Group (iCDG). Being part of the System Hardware development team (SHD), the individual will be responsible for leading the development of Cellular modem Hardware platforms, including modem validation platforms, RF SMARTi validation HW, RF front-end engine HW, and system form-factor HW.
In this position, you will represent the system HW domain in the cross function SMARTi transceiver and cellular modem platform teams, ensuring that our Board and System HW meets the expectations of the development teams, and it is delivered on time with exceptional quality. Specific job scope and responsibilities include:
- Define HW development and validation plans for modem platform HW and RF/SMARTi RF Front-end HW
- Represent System HW function to larger modem platform core team
- Manage Bring-up and validation planning and execution, working across cross-functional platform teams FW, SW, verification, etc.
-- Run and/or participate in sys-debug/FA meetings to drive platform-level debug and issue resolution
-- Manage HW validation indicators, status reports, and communications
-- Manage Platform HW deployment and allocation across internal verification teams and external customers
In addition, the successful candidate will plan, provide resources for and directs activities in engineering function to meet schedules, standards, and cost. Cultivates and reinforces appropriate group values, norms and behaviors. Identifies and analyzes problems, plans, tasks, and solutions. Plans and schedules daily tasks, uses judgement on a variety of problems requiring deviation from standard practices.
Inside this Business Group
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or RF domain
- 10+ years' experience in RF system and product development
- Demonstrated project planning and organizational skills
- Experience in international and cross functional teamwork, and problem solving capability
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Fluent English language skills required, German language skills beneficial
What we offer you:
• We give you opportunities to transform technology and create a better future, by delivering products that touch the lives of every person on earth.
• Have a chance to participate in Intel Great Place to Work program which groups people who love running, cycling, squash, tennis, cross fit, photography, and many, many more
• Charge internal batteries during energetic team events
• We offer a competitive salary and financial benefits such as bonuses, retirement plans, life and disability insurance, opportunities to buy Intel stock at a discounted rate, and Intel stock awards (eligibility at the discretion of Intel Corporation).
• We provide benefits that promote a healthy, enjoyable life: excellent medical plans, wellness programs and amenities, flexible work hours, time off, recreational activities, discounts on various products and services, and many more creative perks that make Intel a Great Place to Work!
We're constantly working on making a more connected and intelligent future, and we need your help. Change tomorrow. Start today.
The Platform Engineering Group (PEG) is responsible for the design, development, and production of system-on-a-chip (SoC) products that go into Intel’s next generation client and mobile platforms. PEG strives to lead the industry moving forward through product innovation and world class engineering.
Germany, Nuremberg; Austria, Linz;