Software Engineers conduct or participate in multidisciplinary research and collaborate with design, layout and/or hardware engineers in the design, development, and utilization of productivity enhancement layout tools and design rule checkers, electronic data processing systems software. Determines computer user needs, advises hardware designers on machine characteristics that affect software systems such as storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output requirements, designs and develops compilers and assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems.
Responds to customer/client requests or events as they occur. Develops solutions to problems utilizing formal education, judgement and formal software proces.
Please be informed that Intel is proactively seeking candidates for a Senior C Linux Developer position which frequently becomes available at Intel Gdansk. Please note that the position may not be available at this time. If you are interested and should it become available, we would encourage you to apply and a member of our recruitment team will be glad to contact you when/if relevant.
Come and code with the best - at Intel
Think Intel is all about hardware? Well, think again. On its own, Intel's software business would be one of the largest and most influential software companies in the world. So join us-and help us create the next generation of technologies that will shape the future for decades to come. The candidate will be part of a team contributing to open source pmem.io project. The goal of this project is to make persistent memory programming easier. Being a part of the team means working in a cross-functional, cross-geo and agile environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency in C/C++ development
- Deep knowledge of Linux environment
- The motivation to deliver in a timely fashion
What You Will Do
- Pathfinding of new features
- Software design, implementation, and bug fixing
- Open Source Community Collaboration examples include adding blog entries to http://pmem.io/blog/
- Application Performance Tuning
- Improving your expertise and collaboration skills
Besides Regular Engineering Duties You Can
- Take advantage of various career development activities
- Participate in various innovation-focused activities e.g. innovation lab, collaboration events, etc.
- Have a chance to participate in Intel Great Place to Work program which gathers people who love running, cycling, squash, tennis, cross fit, photography, and many more
- Chill out with unlimited amount of coffee, tea, and soft drinks
- Relax during energetic team events wind-surfing, scuba diving, kayaking, etc.
Base salary is accompanied with such additional benefits as bonuses, private medical plan, life insurance, lunch coupons, and more.