The Windows OS WOS Team is searching for passionate and energetic OS Software Engineers.
In this position, you will be responsible for developing, researching, and analyzing operating system software enhancements in the areas of Connectivity and I/O for Microsoft operating systems OS on platforms ranging from servers and PCs to small form-factor devices IOT, phone, tablet.
You will be working closely with engineering and architecture leads from the product groups at Intel and Microsoft to define and enable the next generation disruptive technologies.
Come join our fearless team of risk takers, bar raisers and game changers!
Some of the job responsibilities involve:
-Develop expertise of the overall SW stack in one or two areas of interest WiFi, WiGig, WWAN, Bluetooth, USB, LPSS, Thunderbolt, Input, Touch, Thermal etc.
-Researching, implementing and driving adoption of optimized alternatives and algorithms for Windows* OS products.
-These optimizations will involve security and performance optimizations and feature enhancements to support advanced Intel's microprocessors, chipsets, network products and platforms.
-Prototype OS support based on specifications, evaluate and debug early hardware/platform implementations and support product readiness of these technologies.
Inside this Business Group
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Experience listed below would be obtained through a combination of your school work/classes/research and/or relevant previous job and/or internship experiences.
- MS or BS in Computer Science, or any related field.
- Minimum of 6 months experience with:
- Computer Architecture
- Operating Systems (OS) fundamentals, OS internals, OS memory management, storage and file system, OS-level APIs
- System software development
- Hands-on experience debugging system software and drivers.
- Educational or professional experience with driver development
- System level development or prototyping
- C/ASM programming
- Data structures and Algorithms.
- Wireless Networking technologies Wi-Fi, WiGig, Bluetooth etc.
- PC Platform technologies USB, PCIe, LPSS, Input etc
The Intel Software and Services Group (SSG) connects Intel to the worldwide software community. SSG strives to bring competitive advantage to Intel platforms by helping independent software vendors, operating system developers, OEMs, channel members and systems integrators deliver exceptional customer value and achieve differentiation on Intel® processor technologies. SSG provides global leadership to the software community through its technical expertise, industry enabling activities, and developer products and programs.