As part of Intel, we will continue to apply Moore's Law to drive the future of field-programmable gate array FPGA technology. The Programmable Solutions Group PSG has been delivering industry-leading custom logic solutions to customers since inventing the world's first reprogrammable logic device in 1984.
In order to take advantage of the many opportunities that we see in the future for FPGA's, PSG is looking for outstanding Field Application Engineers FAEs to join our team.As an FAE in the sales organization, you will be responsible for assisting customers with the design and implementation of their product requirements, utilizing our FPGAs, Intellectual Property, and Enpirion power solutions.
This role will include product positioning, on-site customer support as needed, and will include being a technical consultant to our key customers as they go from architectural evaluation through completion of their designs. By understanding customer system requirements, and providing expertise in the use of our products, we enable them to bring competitive products to market in a timeframe that maximizes their success. We value technical excellence, customer focus, professionalism, and teamwork.
Your specific role will include the following:
- Contribute and execute to territory, account and opportunity plans as part of the Strategic Sales Team
- Engage with our customer's high level system architects and key decision makers to understand their systems applications, influence their design choices, and provide creative solutions to their problems, ensuring that they are architected with and around Altera's products
- Align with the key influencers both at Intel and the customer's technical staff to coordinate design support and technical training
- Demonstrate teamwork and ability to work effectively in informal and formal teams with individuals from diverse communities and culturesHave strong presentation and communication skills to present capabilities of Intel's product portfolio and perform demonstrations of feasibility studies and proofs of concept in customer meetings and seminars
- Ensure that Intel's roadmap is aligned with our Customers long-term requirements by being an internal advocate for their product and support needs
Inside this Business Group
The person filling this role should be comfortable presenting the value of Intel's solutions to customer design groups, as well as one on one discussions
- BS in Electronics Engineering or equivalent with minimum of 5 years of industry experience
- FPGA, ASIC, ASSP, CPU, or DSP or extensive digital design, including embedded system design HW and SW
- Proficiency in the use of FPGA development tools
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Williness to travel
The Programmable Solutions Group (PSG) was formed from the acquisition of Altera. As part of Intel, PSG will create market-leading programmable logic devices that deliver a wider range of capabilities than customers experience today. Combining Altera's industry-leading FPGA technology and customer support with Intel's world-class semiconductor manufacturing capabilities will enable customers to create the next generation of electronic systems with unmatched performance and power efficiency. PSG takes pride in creating an energetic and dynamic work environment that is driven by ingenuity and innovation. We believe the growth and success of our group is directly linked to the growth and satisfaction of our employees. That is why PSG is committed to a work environment that is flexible and collaborative, and allows our employees to reach their full potential.