The Data Center Group DCG drives new products technologies from high-end co-processors for supercomputers to low-energy systems for enterprise and the cloud, as well as solutions for big data and intelligent devices. The group is a worldwide organization that develops the products and technologies that power nine of every 10 servers sold worldwide.
Intel's Network Division ND is a division of DCG. ND provides Ethernet Connectivity and Storage Infrastructure Solutions for Enterprise, Client and Embedded Customers including Silicon Components, Network Interface Cards, Storages, Drivers and Collaterals. ND's current product portfolio includes 10 and 40 Gigabit Ethernet host adapter and switch silicon, IA based communications infrastructure platforms as well as Software Defined Networking SDN and NetworkFunction Virtualization NFV software solutions.
We are also developing state-of-the-art technologies like 100 Gigabit Ethernet or networking hardware and software for Software Defined Infrastructure SDI, High Performance Computing HPC and Big Data.
ND Software ND SW team in Gdansk is a critical part of a bigger ND SW organization located also in United States, Ireland, Israel, China and Canada. Our main expertise areas are network drivers and applications working with a variety of operating systems Windows, Linux, FreeBSD, Solaris, DOS, virtualizedESX, Hyper-V, KVM and pre-boot environments BIOS, UEFI. We are also contributing in other areas like hardware diagnostic tools or encryption software and firmware. Our team takes active part in a full software engineering lifecycle including design, development, validation, integration and customer support, with a particular focus on software optimization for networking C, C++ and test automation Python, Perl, TCL.
About the role:
What we offer:
Besides regular engineering duties you can:
Basic salary is accompanied with bonuses, private medical plan, life insurance, lunch coupons, and more.
Inside this Business Group
• Knowledge of PC-based System Architecture, BIOS, Operating Systems & Applications.
• Ability to develop user space application Software Code.- Ability to create debugging environment and tools, setup network hardware for reproduction of customer issues.
• Minimum 2-3 years of application development C, C++ and debug experience with multiple operating systems Windows, Linux including user and kernel space.
• Troubleshooting, problem solving, multi-tasking, organization, and customer management skills are critical to success in this role.
• Excellent team work skills including ability to work with multiple and remote groups worldwide.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with customers of all skill levels.
• Background in networking architecture and networking products - preferably with Intel Ethernet products LOMs and adapters.
• Bachelors or Master's degree in Software Development Engineering / Computer Engineering / Computer Science, a degree in similar technical area or relevant experience.
Nice to have:
• Proven experience in development of Windows and Linux Network Application.
• Software/Hardware interfaces and interaction and Socket Programming understanding.
• Knowledge of Networking protocols and functionality including Ethernet/UDP/TCP/IP.
• Familiarity with Ethernet MAC and PHY Hardware components.
• Ability to work in a group.
• Creative approach to problem resolution.
• Systematic and well organized.
The Data Center Group (DCG) is at the heart of Intel’s transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies—spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions—that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.