Intel is in the midst of an exciting transformation, with a vision to create and extend computing technology to connect and enrich the lives of every person on Earth. Join us and help us create the next generation of technologies that will shape the future for decades to come.
At the moment, we are expanding our Engineering Computing team (EC) that provides computing support and improves the productivity of Intel engineers and we are looking for a System Engineer as all-rounder in the Linux System Administration field.
The main focus of the role is the operation of a R&D high performance computing environment and data centers, including application servers, compute servers, storage, and virtualization. The candidate is part of a global team and will implement global standards, procedures, and other infrastructure necessary to support the user community in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. The responsibilities of the IT System Engineer will include but will not be limited to:
Inside this Business Group
• Degree or in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent, or many years of professional experience
• 3-5 years’ experience in Linux system administration in a data center environment Suse/Ubuntu/Fedora
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills
• Fluent English language skills, good German language skills
• Patient and professional interaction with the end user
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Team player with the ability to work independently
• Good time management abilities and flexibility on multiple task assignments
• Proactive problem solving abilities
• Ability to be flexible in working hours to interact with peers from other regions and provide on-call support out of office hours
Nice to have
• Experience with configuration management systems would be an added advantage
• Experience in High Performance Computing would be an added advantage
• Familiarity with storage concepts and technologies NAS would be an added advantage
What we offer you:
• We give you opportunities to transform technology and create a better future, by delivering products that touch the lives of every person on earth.
• Have a chance to participate in Intel Great Place to Work program which groups people who love running, cycling, squash, tennis, cross fit, photography, and many, many more
• Chill out with unlimited amount of coffee, tea, and soft drinks
• Charge internal batteries during energetic team events
• We offer a competitive salary and financial benefits such as bonuses, retirement plans, life and disability insurance, opportunities to buy Intel stock at a discounted rate, and Intel stock awards (eligibility at the discretion of Intel Corporation).
• We provide benefits that promote a healthy, enjoyable life: excellent medical plans, wellness programs and amenities, flexible work hours, time off, recreational activities, discounts on various products and services, and many more creative perks that make Intel a Great Place to Work!
We're constantly working on making a more connected and intelligent future, and we need your help. Change tomorrow. Start today.
Intel's Information Technology Group (IT) designs, deploys and supports the information technology architecture and hardware/software applications for Intel. This includes the LAN, WAN, telephony, data centers, client PCs, backup and restore, and enterprise applications. IT is also responsible for e-Commerce development, data hosting and delivery of Web content and services.