*Join Saffron - and build the future of AI!*
Saffron is building the AI software that is making it possible for Intel-powered devices to solve problems in the real word. While we are constantly amazed by how much machines can learn from data, we believe that the next generation of intelligent systems will also need to be able to reason about their environment. That is where we come in: our cognitive computing platform already makes it possible to learn patterns in data - and to reason about complex outcomes - all without requiring annotated sources of training data. We are building a new team that can build incredible new software products for customers in multiple industries.
We are looking for software engineers, UX designers, quality assurance professionals, and product managers - but more importantly, we are looking for creative and brilliant product-minded leaders who are as innovative as Intel itself. We move fast and are not satisfied with the status quo. And we think your devices should be way smarter than they are. Won't you join us?
We are looking for a capable **Product Owner** to help ensure our Product Engineering teams function at their very best. Successful candidates will have a strong track record of building, delivering, deploying, and scaling software products. Experience with delivering software applications for financial services, healthcare, sports, retail, or complex manufacturing a plus.
**What you'll do**
* Actively participate in the creation, implementation and continuous improvement of new product development processes
* Establish and maintain strong working relationships with various stakeholders of projects gathering and understanding their requirements, communicating status, and working towards solutions
* Conduct regular meetings to oversee projects and communicate status
* Be responsible for maintaining and prioritizing the product backlog
* Help design new products that customers will love.
* Write compelling specs that engineers will want to work on
* Make software teams more efficient, more effective, and more fun
Inside this Business Group
- Bachelor's degree required. Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Cognitive Science, or Computational Linguistics a plus
- 3+ years of experience in product development
- Experience in Agile / SCRUM framework for product development
- Scrum Master and / or Product Owner certification
- Ability to travel to Intel sites or customer sites when required
- Working knowledge of product management tools and methodologies such as Agile Project Management and JIRA
- Highly-motivated and solution-oriented
- Working knowledge of concepts in machine learning, data science, and/or artificial intelligence a plus
- Can understand the technical complexity of the features they put on the backlog, without any costing input from developers
- Excellent verbal / written communication and analytical skills and the ability to work well within a diverse, geographically distributed, multi-cultural environment
- Experience working under tight and unpredictable deadlines
Intel Labs, the New Business Initiatives group (NBI), the Perceptual Computing Group and the New Devices Group (NDG). Additionally, New Devices Group and the New Business Initiatives group were combined into the New Business Group (NBG) which nests into NTG.
Arizona, Phoenix; Oregon, Hillsboro; California, Santa Clara;