*Join Saffron - and build the future of AI!*
Saffron is building the AI software that is making it possible for Intel-powered devices to solve problems in the real word. While we are constantly amazed by how much machines can learn from data, we believe that the next generation of intelligent systems will also need to be able to reason about their environment. That's where we come in: our cognitive computing platform already makes it possible to learn patterns in data - and to reason about complex outcomes - all without requiring annotated sources of training data. We are building a new team that can build incredible new software products for customers in multiple industries.
We are looking for software engineers, UX designers, quality assurance professionals, and product managers - but more importantly, we're looking for creative and brilliant product-minded leaders who are as innovative as Intel itself. We move fast. We are not satisfied with the status quo. And we think your devices should be way smarter than they are. Won't you join us?
We are looking for an experienced and technically-proficient **Product Manager** to help lead a new Product Development software team in support of a specific vertical. Successful candidates will have a strong track record of building, delivering, deploying, and scaling software products. Experience with delivering software applications for financial services, healthcare, sports, retail, or complex manufacturing a plus.
**What you'll do**
* Manage a team of software professionals including designers, developers, testers, and data scientists
* Direct a comprehensive product strategy from product conception and definition through end of life
* Design new products that customers will love. Writes compelling specs that engineers will want to work on
* Deliver amazing AI software products that solve real-world problems, inspire customers, and generate buzz in the marketplace
* Serve as key interface between sales, marketing, and engineering.
* Make software teams more efficient, more effective, and more fun.
* Validate design and/or technology choices using empirical methodologies, when possible.
* Be an unstoppable evangelist for user-focused design.
Inside this Business Group
- Bachelor's degree required, Master's preferred. Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Cognitive Science, or Computational Linguistics a plus
- 6+ years of software experience
- 5+ years of product management experience
- Ability to travel to Intel sites or customer sites when required
- Working knowledge of concepts in machine learning, data science, and/or artificial intelligence
- Experience shipping software using agile methods and tools
- Able to forecast the approximate benefit of a project, measure benefit once projects are launched, and factor learnings into their future prioritization and forecasts
- Ability to appreciate great design and be able to distinguish it from good design
- Can understand the technical complexity of the features they put on the backlog, without any costing input from developers
- Excellent verbal / written communication and analytical skills and the ability to work well within a diverse, geographically distributed, multi-cultural environment
- Demonstrated ability to deliver and stay focused in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working under tight and unpredictable deadlines
Intel Labs, the New Business Initiatives group (NBI), the Perceptual Computing Group and the New Devices Group (NDG). Additionally, New Devices Group and the New Business Initiatives group were combined into the New Business Group (NBG) which nests into NTG.
Arizona, Phoenix; Oregon, Hillsboro; North Carolina, Raleigh;