This is a commission based technical specialist position within DCG (Data Center Group) Sales organization, part of Intel's Sales & Marketing Group. The Media Technical Sales Specialist is responsible for influencing and enabling Cable & Telecom Service Providers as well as Content Providers, ISVs and OEMs partners. You will be working to transform the cable industry by adopting Media solutions based on Intel's products and technologies and implementing Network Function Virtualization (NFV) and Software Defined Networking (SDN). The role sits in a global technology sales organization, with regional responsibility in continental Europe.
Daily activities will include but not limited to:
Inside this Business Group
Qualifications we look for:
Must Have skills
• University degree in Computer Science, or equivalent
• Extensive experience as a technology specialist, solutions architect, or systems integrator in the cable/communications infrastructure field and cloud technologies.
• Good understanding of Network Function Virtualization (NFV) and the overall network transformation underway within Cable and Communications industry.
• Deep understanding of solutions for access, edge, and core network infrastructure solutions
• Deep understanding of media transcode and differences of how media is delivered by MSOs (Multiple System Operators) versus OTT (Over The Top) players
• Excellent communication skills to build a rapport and communicate effectively with all levels of internal and external stakeholders.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and relevant local language to placement.
• Highly self-motivated and disciplined, good team player and passion to work within a sales environment.
Nice to Have Skills
• Well versed in the latest open source cloud technologies like OCP (Open Compute Platform), Open Stack, Containers, and the relevant gaps/issues they have in supporting networking/packet processing workloads.
• Good understanding of Cable networks including DOCSIS, Access Network CCAP, CMTS, Core network. Mobile LTE, 5G, DSL and Fiber network knowledge seen as advantageous.
• Experience working with video encoding and graphics processors advantageous.
• Good understanding of Media technologies such as OTT, 4k, HDR, UHD HEVC
• Good understanding of Media eco-system including SI vendors, ASICs, FPGAs, ISVs, OEMs
• Good understanding of key content providers and Cable/MSO companies in EMEA
The Intel Sales Organization works globally to solve critical business problems with Intel based technology solutions. Our customers range from the world's largest enterprises and institutions including Fortune 100 companies, Governments to Systems Integrators and Emerging solutions providers. We partner with innovators and makers to enable inventions in Personal Technology, Cloud Services, Internet of Things, Healthcare, Big Data and Wearable's. Our Sales Force works across multiple industries and navigates a complex partner and customer ecosystem as we shape product roadmaps, drive value for our customers, and collaborate to harness emerging technology trends with the delivery of comprehensive solutions.
Germany, Munich; England, London;