This is a commissioned sales position. Responsible for giving product presentations to the customer describing how Intel products provide the optimum solution to their application. Develop a clear understanding of Intel's business practices including pricing, forecasting, T/Cs, Distribution and Business Code of Ethics. During customer's product design, responsible for design assistance including on-site visits to review designs, examine customer problems and provide suggestions on optimal ways to use Intel products. Manage relationships between Intel and customers by establishing relationships with key individuals at accounts. Identify and develop new opportunities within accounts. Give product demonstrations and execute benchmarks to show product capabilities and ease of use. Understand competitor's strengths and weaknesses relative to the appropriate technical strategy. Communicate strategies to appropriate field and factory personnel to obtain required support and coordination. Assist the customer throughout the development cycle to ensure successful completion of the product. Provide timely feedback to the factory on product and strategy issues to ensure the Intel is capable of responding to and/or anticipating changes needed to maintain success. Provide training and account strategy support for distributors. Requires thorough knowledge of business practices and procedures in order to perform non repetitive, analytical work. Provide solutions to a wide range of difficult problems.
Altera now part of Intel, is looking for a talented, highly motivated engineering graduate to take on a new role within Altera's Stockholm office. This opportunity has been designed to show graduates how they can use their engineering degree to achieve business success.
As a Field Applications Engineer, you will be responsible for using your technical and business acumen to build strong relationships within Ericsson, win designs and drive business growth in accordance with company goals and process.
Some of the responsibilities described below, will not be applied until the required level of experience has been acquired.
- Understand your customer's objectives and challenges intimately and differentiate Altera?s solution by innovative proposals.
- Professionally present the capabilities of Altera's entire solutions portfolio. Perform demonstrations of feasibility studies and proofs of concept in customer meetings and seminars.
- Win business for Altera at Focus and Strategic customers based on the innovative solution proposals.
- Build strong, valued relationships with key individuals at all levels within your customers.
- Provide best in class pre and post-commit technical support to the sales team and customers.
- Provide input into Product Planning to drive customer requirements and secure future business.
- Maintain leading edge up-to-date technical knowledge on Altera solutions, customers applications and their market in order to create winning proposals based on Altera?s value proposition
The Intel Programmable Solutions Group is at the forefront of technology innovation, providing customers programmable solutions for leading-edge electronic systems that are shaping our modern world. Founded in Silicon Valley, California, as Altera, we have been supplying the industry with access to the latest programmable logic, process technologies, IP cores and development tools for more than 30 years.
Recognizing Altera's innovative mindset, Intel acquired the company in 2015. Our combined technology leadership and operational excellence, enable today?s largest technology and system companies to rapidly and cost effectively innovate, differentiate and win in their markets. The company bring to Intel its FPGAs, SoCs with embedded processor systems, CPLDs, ASICs, and complementary technologies, such as power solutions, are preferred by customers worldwide in a variety of end-markets, including communications, networking, cloud computing and storage, industrial, automotive and defense.
Inside this Business Group
- MSc. in Electronic Engineering or equivalent plus any relevant internship in a design or technical support role.
- The ability to work flexibly in a multi-tasking team environment.
- Good problem solving skills
- You should be a self-starter who is able to set their own goals and deliver output to a high standard.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and an ability to apply sound judgement.
- Excellent technical knowledge with skills and experience in FPGA or ASIC design using Verilog/VHDL and related design flow
- Desirable, but not mandatory would be experience in the use of Altera's Quartus Prime tool, scripting languages e.g. tcl and of operating systems such as Linux, Windows, or UNIX and related system administration activities.
The Programmable Solutions Group (PSG) was formed from the acquisition of Altera. As part of Intel, PSG will create market-leading programmable logic devices that deliver a wider range of capabilities than customers experience today. Combining Altera's industry-leading FPGA technology and customer support with Intel's world-class semiconductor manufacturing capabilities will enable customers to create the next generation of electronic systems with unmatched performance and power efficiency. PSG takes pride in creating an energetic and dynamic work environment that is driven by ingenuity and innovation. We believe the growth and success of our group is directly linked to the growth and satisfaction of our employees. That is why PSG is committed to a work environment that is flexible and collaborative, and allows our employees to reach their full potential.