Facilities Technician Intern
Join Intel and build a better tomorrow. Intel is in the midst of an exciting transformation, with a vision to create and extend computing technology to connect and enrich the lives of every person on Earth. So join us and help us create the next generation of technologies that will shape the future for decades to come.
Corporate Services (CS) touches the lives of every Intel employee every day. CS creates an environment where employees can prosper while creating the innovative technologies that make amazing possible. Our scope is vast and includes operating and maintaining all Intel sites, offices, labs and factories globally as well onsite services and experiences that help employees stay safe and productive. CS also helps to make Intel and our community a greener place by supporting Intel commitment to environmental sustainability, including investing in conservation projects, setting company-wide environmental targets and driving reductions in greenhouse emissions, energy use, water use and waste generation.
Intel Corporation's state of the art facilities gives you the opportunity to learn a variety of technical and operational skills to develop, operate, maintain, and repair the world’s most advanced facility equipment, in a demanding and challenging operations environment.
Life at Intel link: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/jobs/life-at-intel.html
This is an on-site, 6-month internship designed to develop your skills to operate industrial systems. This opportunity will be in Arizona during Spring - Fall 2024; upon successful completion of the internship and graduation, full time roles will be available in Arizona for 1-2 years before transitioning to Ohio.
As a Facilities Engineering Co-Op Internship your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Safely troubleshoot errors, performing repairs and preventative maintenance on a wide variety of equipment to maintain 100 percent manufacturing uptime.
- Conduct preventative, predictive, and corrective maintenance inspections and procedures.
- Work performed within generally defined parameters. Maintain detailed and accurate records.
- Follows procedures.
- Safely use and understand hand tools, power tools, and test equipment.
Intel invests in our people and offers a complete and competitive package of benefits employees and their families through every stage of life.
See https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/jobs/benefits.html for more details.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Experience would be obtained through a combination of prior education level classes, and current level school classes, projects, research, and relevant previous job and/or internship experience.
This position is not eligible for employment-based visa/immigration sponsorship. Intel sponsors individuals for employment-based visas for positions where we experience a shortage of US Workers. These skills shortage roles are typically STEM contributing positions requiring a Master's or Ph.D. degree, or a Bachelor’s degree with three years’ related job experience. This position does not qualify for Intel Sponsorship because it is either (1) a non-STEM contributing position, or (2) a STEM position that only requires a Bachelor’s degree and less than three years’ experience.
- Candidate must be pursuing an Associates of Arts, Associates of Science, certificate, or similar Trade Degree in HVAC, Mechanical, Instrumentation and Controls, Electrical, Chemical/Chemistry, Microelectronics, Renewable Energy Technology, Environmental Technology, Water / Purification, Plumbing and Gas Fitting, Industrial Maintenance Mechanic, Industrial Process Operator, or related technical or STEM field.
- Willingness to work in a team environment.
- Customer service skills.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Some degree of judgment and troubleshooting skill required in resolving nonstandard problems
- Willingness to work day/night shift and weekends to maintain minimum staffing for 24x7 operations, however, work schedules will be flexible to accommodate school schedule.