Software Application Engineer
BXD (Barefoot Switching Division) is looking for energetic and experienced software engineers to join our Customer Engineering team passionate about working with customers to lead and support design and development of their Ethernet switch products.
We're a strong, vibrant cross-site team which helps drive Intel's programmable switching technology and products to position Tofino as the switching platform of choice and for the Cloud, Data Center, Enterprise, and Telco network deployments.
IN this role, you will act as a technical expert to provide deep-dive technical support for BXD customers (Cloud Operators, OEM and ODM) in developing their switch solutions for programmable data plane implementation and control plane interface, which involves architectural promotion, software issue debugging, and communication between customer and internal engineering team.
This is a technical based job with broad scope of both technical and communication which provides opportunities for the engineer to act as evangelist for our products and prepare collateral as needed to capture best practices for effective use of our products and ensure customer success.
You will enjoy being an expert on a broad range of topics, be creative and find solving problems to be rewarding.
This position requires in-depth Ethernet Switch/Controller product development knowledge while also providing the ideal candidate with exposure to sales and marketing experience.
The ideal candidate has worked in networking related products including one or more of switch silicon, smart NICs or FPGA based products.
Some amount of travel may be required for this position.
Key Responsibilities (but not limited to)-Native Japanese language skills and fluent English language skills- Provide deep-dive technical support to customers in switch product development from SDK driver to Protocol/Stack, from architecture/design review to bring-up, validation and production- Offer expert knowledge to allow customers to implement their P4 based data plane processing and control plane API support in the most effective manner-
Educate customers when possible on most effective ways to creating data plane programs and integrate with NOS- Develop technical documents, training, demo, consultation, and hands-on assistance to customers in areas of system architecture, source code development, testing and tuning of software/hardware components.
Generate feedback and aid product definition of next generation products- Interest to advance in the direction of network telemetry and related big data applications.
Additional Skills- Must be a team player, with a demonstrated effectiveness in technically influencing others- Thrive amidst uncertainty, ambiguity and changing timelines and requirements- Solid understanding of Data Center, Enterprise, Telco and Cloud Architectures and Applications- Good understanding of end-to-end networking from ASIC architectures to software, systems, and network designs- Self-motivated with experience working across Marketing, Sales, and engineering teams- Strong interpersonal skills and very resourcefulQualifications
The ideal candidate would have hands-on experience with development and debugging in related areas mentioned below along with responsibilities that require direct interaction with customers.
- Native Japanese language skills and fluent English language skills
- BS or MS inComputer Science Electrical Engineering or related field
- 2 years experience in development troubleshooting and supporting applications for OEM/Sier/Cloud Data Center customers
- Experience developing and debugging using CC and Python
- Experience with CLI API support configuration and management of switch data plane
- Experience in P4 programming
- Experience in development of network applications documentation and steering requirements from customers to internal development projects
- Experience with lab equipment as Test Center IXIA high speed scope
- Experience in Ethernet Switch Controller board development
- Experience to one or more proprietary or opensource NOS
- Experience with network device drivers and L2L3 stack in Ethernet based switch routers and debugging
- Experience in debugging with network device drivers and L2L3 stack in Ethernet based switch routers or programmable data plane
- Experience supporting customers during design in product life cycle in one or more of following areas telecom data center OEM Enterprise system designers developers
- Experience in development troubleshooting and supporting applications for Cloud Data Center customers