Embedded Software Engineering Intern
Intel Finland is seeking an embedded software engineering intern who will be responsible for design, development, debug, and enabling of system software enhancements for edge Platforms with a focus on AI, computer vision, and secure communication components.
In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You'll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. You will have an opportunity to engage with key customers and Intel experts to shape emerging Intel products. Come join our fearless team of risk takers, bar raisers, and game changers.
We work closely together as a team, following an agile development approach with CI/CD driven development and DevOps philosophy. You will be responsible for your own project but participate in the daily development cycle. The mission of this team is to quickly prototype, build and test new technologies and solutions.
What you will be doing
- Develop feature enhancements, maintain edge platform software components on Yocto based linux operating system builds.
- Comfortable working in a fast moving agile and DevOps based dynamic product development environment
- Develop unit tests, automated feature and component tests, and tests integration into product continuous integration environment
Education and Experience Required
- Working towards BSc or MSc in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent.
- Some experience on SW projects beyond university exercises
- Experience in writing code in Linux environment on one or more of the following: Python, C/C++
- Good communication and teamwork skills
- The individual must be well organized, methodical, and detail oriented. A self-starter who can identify problems, taking initiative to propose solutions, and successfully executing plans.
- Knowledge of Agile development methodologies.
- Knowledge in one or more if the following topics is seen as a plus: Yocto project, OpenCV, GitHub/GitLab
Please note that the student needs to be enrolled for the full duration of the student employment.Inside this Business GroupCorporate Strategy Office is chartered to support the executive office in driving corporate initiatives, including near and long-term strategy, major cross-group decision making and ensuring cross-company alignment. To deliver to that mission, the team owns shaping, driving and synthesizing insights to directionally orient trends as well as long range strategic planning/visioning , cross company alignment and greenfield innovation. Communications are essential to drive alignment so there is a focus on communications, community and acumen development. The team is ccommitted to ensuring that Intel efforts are aligned to, and actively driving success toward the most impactful business strategies.Posting StatementAll qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.BenefitsWe offer a total compensation package that ranks among the best in the industry. It consists of competitive pay, stock, bonuses, and benefit programs. Find more information about our Amazing Benefits here: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/jobs/benefits.htmlWorking ModelThis role will be eligible for our hybrid work model which allows employees to split their time between working on-site at their assigned Intel site and off-site. In certain circumstances the work model may change to accommodate business needs.