The NEX Software Engineering group at Intel is driving the software defined roadmap that addresses the distributed edge. We have well established teams worldwide and will own critical deliverables across architecture, platform engineering, software engineering, customer engineering, and path finding work.
The Principal Technologist for NEX Software Engineering:
Sets the strategic direction for programs and initiatives by applying strong technical skills to deeply understand technologies underlying the strategies and overall competitive landscape. Demonstrates a deep passion for research and analysis as well as skill in processing raw information and data, drawing useful insights and recommendations from it
Helps identifying risks and enabling decisions that are made regarding the overall goals and objectives of significant programs or segments of the organization through various phases of their lifecycle.
Clearly articulates and defines the technical need vs business impact of strategic programs and decisions. Understands interdependencies among multiple programs, teams, and stakeholders.
Proficient to understand new technologies and map them to customer value. Understands partner, competitor, vendor and customer software stacks and engages as a trusted technical advisor to discover opportunities to showcase Intel technology and platforms aligned with mutual roadmaps.
May act as the voice of the partner/customer software stack to influence Intel platform/technology roadmap.
- Bachelors in Engineering, Compute Science and/or Business-related MBA
-10+ years of experience in the high-tech industry that encompass but not limited to distributed computing, edge networking software, cloud computing
- Experience leading technology & product strategy
- Blend of technical background, business, and market acumen
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Experience launching or delivering large software releases
- Experience developing software roadmaps for complex products
- Experience building relationships and collaborating with customers and cross-functional teams
- Knowledge of software development processes and best practices