TCAD Modeling Engineer
The TCAD Modeling Engineer role within the Foundry Technology Engineering (FTE) of Global External Manufacturing and Sourcing (GEMS) is chartered to examine the interaction of materials, process, design rules, circuit topology/architecture on device and circuit performance, power, area, yield, manufacturability and product ramp strategy. In this role, you will be working with world-leading technology and design experts on advanced technology pathfinding and definition. This is an integral role within the external manufacturing Design-Technology Co-Optimization (DTCO) and System-Technology Co-Optimization (STCO) framework. The role will be performed with domain experts across various areas of Foundry Technology Engineering, IP and Product design groups within Intel and foundry, equipment, material vendors and R&D labs / universities.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to work on leading edge and define future technology nodes. A typical project may combine more than one of the following (not limited to the ones listed below):
Device: Advanced device transport, quantum effects, stress effects, self-heating, defect-related phenomenon, electronic structure, novel device and memory operation
Process: Modeling for implantation, diffusion, annealing, etch, deposition, epi growth, oxidation, defects, mechanical stress, Kinetic MC simulations, mesh generation
Materials: Modeling of resistivity for front-end or back-end of line materials and processes; leakage, to name a few
Benchmark circuits: Mixed-mode TCAD and SPICE simulations of typical benchmark circuits for PPA analysis
Compact Model: Compact model development and parameter extraction
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Perform device research and development on advanced CMOS devices and emerging devices for logic and memory applications
- Develop new insights to improve PPAC in emerging monolithic technologies, advanced interconnect technologies (e.g., back-side power delivery, TSV etc.), advanced Moore and more-than-Moore technologies
- Develop TCAD simulation methodologies for future technology exploration
A successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Deep knowledge of semiconductor device physics
- Deep knowledge and hands-on experience in process and device simulations, process emulation, parasitic RC extraction using TCAD tools
- Knowledge of benchmark circuits for PPA characterization
- Hands-on experience in device and circuit level PPA assessment for advanced CMOS and beyond CMOS technologies
- Proficient in programming and scripting languages like Python, Perl / TCL, or similar languages
- Good problem solving and communication skills
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum qualifications and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
Candidate must possess a Bachelor's Degree and 4+ years experience in Electrical Engineering, Physics, or related fields; or a Master's Degree with 3+ years of relevant work experience; or a PhD with 1+ years of relevant work experience.
Foundry experience on advanced nodes is preferred.
Experience with compact models and extraction for transistors, MTJ, ReRAM etc. is preferred.
Familiar with emerging technology trends and competitive landscape for both monolithic and 3D integration technologies.
Experience in machine learning/reinforced learning/artificial intelligence aided physical design is a plus