SoC Architecture and Performance Engineer
The Accelerated Computing Systems and Graphics Group (AXG) is a newly formed group to increase focus and accelerate execution in strategic growth areas of high-performance computing and graphics for Intel. Within AXG, the Custom Compute (XCC) organization is chartered with building custom SoC silicon and packages to deliver unique solutions for customer needs. We are looking for strong technical leaders who communicates well with great collaboration skills to join our team. This position is for architecture and performance modeling of industry’s first next generation privacy preserving security technologies accelerator SoC. This system will lead in performance compared to current state of the art with innovations in algorithms and software, custom compute, data movement and I/O.
In this position you will help us with the following responsibilities.
- Pathfinding and technical requirement definition for an accelerator SoC (System on a Chip) with emphasis on the newest I/O, memory and custom fabric technologies.
- Determines architecture design, logic design, and system simulation.
- Defines module interfaces/formats for simulation and performance modeling in software.
- Performs Logic design for integration of cell libraries, functional units and subsystems into SoC full chip designs, Register Transfer Level coding, simulation and performance modeling and estimation(Power, thermal) for SoCs.
- Experience with all aspects of the SoC design flow from highlevel design to synthesis, place and route, timing and power to create a design database that is ready for manufacturing to assess architecture and performance trade-offs via modeling and simulation.
Minimum skills and experience that will get you noticed:
Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Systems Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent field with 5+ years of Industry experience. Or a Master’s in the same fields with 3+ years of industry experience. Or a PhD completed by December of 2022 in the same field.
Your experience must be include one or more of the following:
- SoC Architecture or SOC subsystem architecture and microarchitecture definition
- Power and Thermal performance Modeling
- Software development in Python, C, C++ or Domian Specific Language modeling
- Linear Algebra
- Security technologies
- Workload analysis
Preferred skills and experience that will make you stand out
- CXL/PCIe based accelerator SOC definition
- Functional, behavioral and performance simulation experience
- Software modeling of complex systems