Senior Staff Process Engineer - Wet Etch/Cleans (SK)
This is an exciting time to be at Intel - come join our team as a Senior Staff Process Engineer - Wet Etch/Cleans and work on one of the most advanced 3DNAND and SSD technology portfolios in the world.
As the global leader in the semiconductor industry, Intel possesses many industry-leading SSD technologies including the most capable Quadruple Level Cell (QLC) NAND Flash products. As a Senior Staff Process Engineer - Wets, you will be part of a world-class team that will transition to lead the SSD business at SK Hynix. Intel's Non-Volatile Memory Solutions Group (NSG) is hiring experienced Process Development Engineers in the process area of Wet Etch/Cleans to develop world-class semiconductor manufacturing processes.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the following:
- Successful track record of delivering leading-edge process capability, yield, cost, and manufacturability.
- Exceptional collaboration with cross-functional/cross-company teams and tool vendors to meet device requirements for next-generation memory products.
- In addition to Wets, you will also be responsible for a process module development for memory devices. Relocation assistance available if need it.
Job responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
- Defining roadmaps to meet requirements, goals and milestones for a new technology process.
- Design and optimize Wet Etch processes for leading edge memory technology.
- Defining and establishing flow, procedures, and equipment configuration for the module.
- Selecting and developing material and equipment for the process to meet quality, reliability, cost, yield, productivity and manufacturability requirements.
- Conducting process, equipment, and material development projects with equipment and material suppliers. This will involve exceptional collaboration with cross-functional/cross-company teams and tool vendors to meet challenging program goals.
- Designing, executing, and analyzing experiments necessary to meet engineering specifications for their process.
- Working effectively with the equipment supplier to identify shortcomings, and propose and evaluate hardware modifications to mitigate issues.
- Driving improvements in quality, reliability, cost, yield, and process. stability/capability, productivity, and safety/ergonomic over variables such as material, method, equipment, environment, and operating personnel.
- Developing solutions to problems utilizing formal education, statistical knowledge, and problem-solving tools.
- Establishing process control systems for the processing module.
- Training production/receiving process engineers in high-volume factories.
- Transferring processes to high-volume manufacturing and providing support to new factory startups.
- Domestic and International travel, as necessary to support job responsibilities.
- Identify potential intellectual properties (IP) opportunities and file disclosures.
This position is in the NAND-DTM Group which is aligned to phase 2 of the sale of the NAND business to Solidigm, a wholly owned subsidiary of SK hynix. Employees in this business group will work on developing NAND technology and components. Phase 2 of the transaction is expected to close in March 2025 at which time employees aligned to this phase of the transaction will transition employment to Solidigm. Solidigm, a leading global supplier of NAND flash memory solutions, is headquartered in San Jose, California with offices worldwide.Qualifications
Minimum qualifications are required to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
The candidate must have a Master's degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Material Science, or a related field.
6+ years of experience in the following areas:
- Wets process technology development for leading technology nodes and scaling them up to HVM.
- Strong understanding of Wet etch and cleans fundamentals, transport phenomena, fluid mechanics, reaction engineering, and interactions pertaining to high aspect ratio features
- Demonstrated experience in developing Wets process for leading technology nodes and scaling them up to HVM. Understands interactions between process, tool, and /or down-stream processes
The candidate must have a Ph.D. degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Material Science, or related field with 4+ years of experience described in the minimum requirements.
- Experience working with external and internal partners, including semiconductor equipment and/or materials manufacturers.
- Surface and analytical characterization techniques such as ICPMS, SIMS, XPS, SEM, TEM, etc.
- Semiconductor processing engineering preferably in Memory process development for leading-edge technology.