Senior Device Engineer (SK)
Intel's NAND Design, Technology, and Manufacturing (NDTM) group is currently looking for outstanding engineers to be part of a team that develops industry-leading solid-state memory technology that enables instant, affordable access to the world's information. We currently have exciting technology development opportunities for qualified Device Engineers. NDTM Device Engineers develop advanced, nano-scale devices and process architectures that fuel the data revolution.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Be Limited To:
- Invent and innovate solutions to enable and accelerate future NAND flash memory roadmap scaling.
- Creativity and innovation in solving challenging problems.
- Design and execute experiments and analyze data necessary to develop processes that meet engineering specifications on next-generation memory technology.
- Advanced characterization of next-generation memory components
- Statistical data analysis and device modeling of next-generation memory device technology.
- Contribute to and lead small cross-functional groups of engineers to overcome device scaling challenges to enable new technology.
The ideal candidate should demonstrate the following behavioral traits:
- Work collaboratively in a globally diverse, cross-disciplinary team to develop innovative solutions to challenging engineering problems.
- Demonstrated experience to deliver results in a fast-paced, agile environment.
- Strong problem-solving and effective interpersonal communication and presentation skills.
- Desire to learn, grow, and share learning with others.
- Proficiency in technical problem-solving, and new technology development.
- Experience in data analysis and data analytic techniques to accelerate learning.
- Knowledge of semiconductor device fabrication, device physics, device scaling, and device reliability.
What We Offer
We foster a collaborative, supportive, and exciting growth and learning environment where the top-notch engineers and scientists come together to achieve exceptional results and advance state-of-the-art memory technology. We give you opportunities to transform technology and create a better future by delivering industry-leading products. Intel Corporation Core Values here.
We provide benefits that promote a healthy, enjoyable life: excellent medical plans, wellness programs, and amenities, time off, recreational activities, discounts on various products and services, and many more creative rewards that make Intel a Great Place to Work! Find more information about our Amazing Benefits here.
The position is associated with the sale of the NAND business to SK Hynix aligning to Phase 2 of the transaction. Employees aligned to Phase 2 will continue to be employed by Intel developing NAND technology and components. Phase 2 of the transaction is expected to close in March 2025 at which time employees aligned to this phase of the transaction will transition employment to Solidigm, a stand-alone US subsidiary of SK Hynix headquartered in San Jose, California with offices world-wide. Solidigm is a leading global supplier of NAND flash memory solutions, led by Robert (Rob) B. Crooke as CEO, previously senior vice president and general manager of Intel’s Non-Volatile Memory Solutions Group. To read more, see: https://www.intc.com/news-events/press-releases/detail/1513/intel-sells-ssd-business-and-dalian-facility-to-sk-hynixQualifications
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
The candidate must have a Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, Applied Physics, or a related discipline.
4 + years of experience in the following areas:
- Semiconductor device physics and device scaling.
- Semiconductor device fabrication.
- Process integration.
- Device reliability.
- Materials and device characterization.
Ph.D. degree in Electrical Engineering, Applied Physics, or a related discipline and 2+ years in the minimum qualifications.
- 1+ years of experience in manufacturing yield, design and analysis of experiments, statistical data analysis techniques, device modeling, process emulation, and advanced data analytics.