Open Source Principal Software and Systems Technologist
About the Group:
Intel is undergoing a significant business transformation, making it among the biggest, most highly watched business reinventions ever. Our customers and partners trust that we bring the highest level of engineering and manufacturing excellence, invention, insight, and service and continue to be on the leading edge of technological breakthroughs that create new capabilities and categories, transform industries, and improve lives.
Intel now operates in a wider competitive set, with growing capabilities and new entrants whose innovation, investment, and momentum shift Intel's position from an industry incumbent to a challenger brand. We are sharpening our focus as a company to deliver leadership products in every category in which we compete. IT has a critical role to play as we help our business partners drive the capabilities they need, and help our customers transform their businesses for the future.
About the role:
Intel Corporate Strategy Office has a mission to Inform and guide Intel's executive staff on best-in-class Information Systems practices and trends and recommend actionable operational targets.
As Open Source Principal Software Technologist, you will help drive some of Intel's highest-consequence strategic undertakings....while covering the enormous topic of software writ large. While Intel has historically had impressive talent depth around low-level platform software, our hope is that you will bring technical aptitude higher up the stack to complement Intel's historical strengths. You will be keeping a pulse on external innovation, informing and advising Intel's executive community on the latest software trends. A particular emphasis on the Open Source community will be important for success. Your work will inform and influence corporate strategy on everything from investments, mergers and acquisitions, partnership, and technical strategies.
In this role, you will:
- Develop industry scan and competitive technical analysis per CSO needs
- Inform and advise Intel's executive community on technology trends that will shape the future of the industry
- Ensure that business analysis for ICAP/Intel Strategy is grounded in a strong technological understanding
- Work with multiple business units-from our Software and Advanced Technology Group to the Data Center and Artificial Intelligence Group to the Sales and Marketing Group-to help inform and adopt strategy
- Participate in industry forums and technical committees, synthesize secondary data looking for trends and insights, identify and close gaps in the collective knowledge base
- Identify key operational challenges, develop insights, strategies, methodologies and systems to resolve
A successful candidate will exhibit the following behavioral traits:
- Comfortable navigating ambiguity and adapting to dynamic, shifting priorities
- Demonstrated analytical, communication, and influencing skills
- Comfortable influencing at the VP/Senior Executive/Fellow level across the entire organization including and up to the CEO.
In addition to considering candidates across the US for this position, this role can also be performed out of our location in Israel.Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or similar, Master’s or PhD in Computers Science preferred.
- 15+ years first-hand experience driving software creation, transformation, and/or adoption internally and externally through commercial products and/or open-source projects.
- 5+ years of experience making platform decisions or consultative recommendations for deployment of large-scale projects
- Experience ramping and upskilling quickly on tight timelines